TravelTalkOnline

RESTROOM FACILITIES QUESTION

Posted By: COACHIE

RESTROOM FACILITIES QUESTION - 04/12/2019 12:46 AM

I know this question may be a bit strange but with so many people returning to Orient Beach and the Club O facilities non existent I was wondering what are people using for restrooms and hand washing while at the beach in the clothing optional section? If you spend time there eventually the need will arise and it would be helpful to have an idea of what options others are using.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: RESTROOM FACILITIES QUESTION - 04/12/2019 01:23 AM

The deep blue sea.
Posted By: cruzer

Re: RESTROOM FACILITIES QUESTION - 04/12/2019 01:35 AM

Father, forgive me...

But then doesn't it become the deep green sea?
Posted By: Bahston

Re: RESTROOM FACILITIES QUESTION - 04/12/2019 02:56 AM

For a hand wash alternative I bring along a few Purel wipes.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: RESTROOM FACILITIES QUESTION - 04/12/2019 10:20 AM

Last I heard they have a functioning toilet
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: RESTROOM FACILITIES QUESTION - 04/12/2019 11:26 AM

There is building with an RV toilet in it. All paper goes in a waste basket and the smell is not to pleasant most days. If you can get away with it, the ocean is the best option!
Posted By: karenv_ma

Re: RESTROOM FACILITIES QUESTION - 04/12/2019 12:35 PM

We went to the Club O end of Orient 3 times during our early March 2019 trip. The toilet there was not bad when we were there. It is a larger space than the port-o-potty used at Mullet. It also did not smell and had toilet paper available as well as hand sanitizer. For what it is, I thought it was fine to use. I wish they could do something similar (or even better) at Mullet. Didn't actually use theirs on our March trip, but prior experiences were not great.

Re: RESTROOM FACILITIES QUESTION - 04/12/2019 01:05 PM

". If you can get away with it, the ocean is the best option"
Just watch those floaters. Lol
Posted By: SammyM

Re: RESTROOM FACILITIES QUESTION - 04/12/2019 01:55 PM

Restroom Facilities questions are also key with my wife, and not so much me. So, another option if you're on the clothing-optional beach is to put your swimsuit back on and take a walk over to Kontiki. There are functional restrooms over there, and it's not that far of a walk. And, they don't charge $1 to use the bathroom like some places on St. Martin. BTW, Bikini Beach Bar also has really nice restrooms with running water and the works. But, that's a much longer hike.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: RESTROOM FACILITIES QUESTION - 04/12/2019 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by SammyM
Restroom Facilities questions are also key with my wife, and not so much me. So, another option if you're on the clothing-optional beach is to put your swimsuit back on and take a walk over to Kontiki. There are functional restrooms over there, and it's not that far of a walk. And, they don't charge $1 to use the bathroom like some places on St. Martin. BTW, Bikini Beach Bar also has really nice restrooms with running water and the works. But, that's a much longer hike.

I hope that those who do this at least purchase a drink from the bar. Utilities are not inexpensive on the island, and restaurants provide restrooms without charge for their customers.

Re: RESTROOM FACILITIES QUESTION - 04/12/2019 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by GaKaye
Originally Posted by SammyM

I hope that those who do this at least purchase a drink from the bar. Utilities are not inexpensive on the island, and restaurants provide restrooms without charge for their customers.

Well said. Agree totally.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: RESTROOM FACILITIES QUESTION - 04/12/2019 02:50 PM

Always. But, keep in mind that these places are very grateful just to see returning customers, and never turn anyone away who needs to use a restroom. When treated in that manner, we always make sure we get a beer or a drink before returning to our chairs (wherever they may be). I just have a problem with places that charge to go the bathroom. That's not how you draw in new customers.
Posted By: pony600

Re: RESTROOM FACILITIES QUESTION - 04/12/2019 03:55 PM

But then they'd have to use the bathroom again!!!
Haha, only kidding!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline