TravelTalkOnline

L'Oasis Oyster Pond new owners/ hours

Posted By: sxmmartini

L'Oasis Oyster Pond new owners/ hours - 05/17/2019 01:39 PM

L'Oasis has new owners since May 5th and are open 6 to 10 PM. The menu is now mostly pizza. We arrived at 6PM and the dining room was already busy. The pizza was very good and for dessert I had chocolate mousse. We were also offered a complimentary rum shot while waiting for the check. I would recommend it and also check out Bread and Butter next door that has expanded.
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: L'Oasis Oyster Pond new owners/ hours - 05/17/2019 03:52 PM

We felt that their pizza was the best we had ever had on the island. I hope that they kept the same waitstaff as they were very personable. After our 2nd meal there, as we were leaving the waiter came hurrying after us. We thought that there was a dispute at first, but he just wanted to thank us for returning, shook my hand & gave Cleta a little hug. We too got the rum shots and loved Bread n Butter.
Posted By: Alexander9228

Re: L'Oasis Oyster Pond new owners/ hours - 05/17/2019 07:07 PM

OH good to know, staying in Oyster Pond in July. Will definitely check it out!
Posted By: SXMNorm

Re: L'Oasis Oyster Pond new owners/ hours - 05/17/2019 11:57 PM

The owners of Bread n Butter is Greg and his wife, Netty(I think). Now own l'Oasis. He's working very hard to make a success at Bread n Butter. And has!. I'm sure that his efforts at l'Oasis will also be successful. Morning Croissants there are wonderful.
Posted By: Jaybird

Re: L'Oasis Oyster Pond new owners/ hours - 05/18/2019 10:55 AM

I am headed to Bread and Butter in a few minutes to get our last croissants before our flight home this afternoon. We had L’Oasis pizza a couple of nights ago and it was delicious.
Posted By: Alexander9228

Re: L'Oasis Oyster Pond new owners/ hours - 05/18/2019 04:00 PM

We're staying nearby to Bread and Butter in July. We love a good coffee and croissant to start the day, is Bread and Butter the place to go?

Re: L'Oasis Oyster Pond new owners/ hours - 05/19/2019 09:14 AM

Croissants are fresh and very good. Never had their coffee. The locals appear to drink their espresso. It’s comes in a very small cup so I assume it’s esspress.
Posted By: jrr1148

Re: L'Oasis Oyster Pond new owners/ hours - 05/20/2019 11:11 AM

Where is it located? New to this side of SXM. Staying at OBBR (our bldg at SBMR was demolished in the aftermath of IRMA.

Re: L'Oasis Oyster Pond new owners/ hours - 05/20/2019 12:47 PM

As you leave OBBR turn right. Go to bottom of the hill and turn right again heading up the hill into Oyster Pond. It will be about a half mile on the right. You may see the l'Oasis restaurant sign first but it is right next door. It is at the bottom of a rather steep hill.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline