TravelTalkOnline

Splitting/Sharing dinner entre’s

Posted By: PelicanPirate

Splitting/Sharing dinner entre’s - 05/31/2019 12:54 AM

We have been splitting our two entres for years at home and SXM. More bariety for both in each meal.

Now, we’re looking to cut calorie count and just split one entre and other courses.

Sometimes, we feal cheap but it really is a realization that we shouldnt be eating all this food. Wed be willing to pay a sharing charge but havent seen that in most restaurants me us in many years.

How many of you split an entree? Do you ever get told no? Do you ever get a dirty look? Looking for moral encouragement.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Splitting/Sharing dinner entre’s - 05/31/2019 01:09 AM

Never encountered a problem. And good for you.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Splitting/Sharing dinner entre’s - 05/31/2019 01:20 AM

We do it all the time!
Posted By: cruzer

Re: Splitting/Sharing dinner entre’s - 05/31/2019 01:57 AM

Not only do we do it, but we've also done progressive dinners, where we stop by 4 or 5 restaurants and have our one favorite dish at each place. We might even do that again this upcoming trip. We told each place what we were doing and mentioned we would not be offended if they couldn't accomodate us. No Problem, mon. They provided us with bread/butter/EVOO at each place and served us as if we were having a complete meal. Now, this was in Grand Case. so I can't speak for the rest of the island.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Splitting/Sharing dinner entre’s - 05/31/2019 02:12 AM

I think it would be the same at 99% of places on island. Just not on an all you can eat meal.
Posted By: cruzer

Re: Splitting/Sharing dinner entre’s - 05/31/2019 02:31 AM

Sorry for the tread drift, but I do remember sneaking food to our friends at Pancho's all you can eat 99 cent Mexican buffet back in Austin in the early 70s. Yeah, that's not acceptable and I was a bad person for doing it. I've repented.
Posted By: PreK176

Re: Splitting/Sharing dinner entre’s - 05/31/2019 12:13 PM

We shared some meals on our recent trip and the places we went didn't care. Think they were just happy for the business! I agree! Portions there (AND here) are way too big. Some stuff reheats well and some doesn't. I have a small appetite and I don't want to have to live on the same food all week! I told hubby I was his cheap date! Made me feel good (and him too) to NOT eat so much food! We did the same on Anguilla and no one cared.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Splitting/Sharing dinner entre’s - 05/31/2019 12:59 PM

We don't usually split entres, but we often share appetizers, soups, desserts. We don't share entres because Eric usually wants fish, which I am not fond of. Never had a problem with sharing in SXM.
Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Re: Splitting/Sharing dinner entre’s - 05/31/2019 05:27 PM

We do it all the time. At Bistrot Caribes in April, we picked out a live lobster weighing 2 pounds, and then proceeded to order salads, etc. Our waitress said we were ordering too much food, so we shared a salad and appetizer. She was RIGHT! It was so refreshing for a waiter to tell us we were ordering too much food! This had never happened before!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline