TravelTalkOnline

C & I in Atlanta

Posted By: Carol_Hill

C & I in Atlanta - 06/03/2019 04:38 PM

Someone here posted that there is no Global Entry in Atlanta. Is that correct? We don't have Global Entry, but were planning on downloading Mobile Passport. Online, it looks like they accept Mobile Passport in Atlanta. I was just wondering why they would accept MP, which is free, and NOT GE, which costs money..

Thanks for any help.
Posted By: Mbrott

Re: C & I in Atlanta - 06/03/2019 04:52 PM

We just went through Atlanta Friday. They do have Global Entry. They don't have a seperate line for Mobile Passport. They use fingerprint and facial ID and if you use mobile passport you skip the fingerprint/ Facial Recognition kiosks and go straight to an agent. We arrived at 7ish and was done in under 30 minutes.

Re: C & I in Atlanta - 06/03/2019 05:03 PM

Oh, ok. So you got through in 30 minutes with Global Entry or Mobile Passport?

Re: C & I in Atlanta - 06/03/2019 06:56 PM

Mobile Passport.

Re: C & I in Atlanta - 06/03/2019 07:49 PM

OK, thanks.
Posted By: wilsonck

Re: C & I in Atlanta - 06/03/2019 09:52 PM

Pre-check is what is missing in Atlanta on International to Domestic connections after clearing C&I. There is no pre-check line in Atlanta for everyone that have to clear TSA after arriving internationally and connecting to a domestic flight.

Re: C & I in Atlanta - 06/04/2019 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by wilsonck
Pre-check is what is missing in Atlanta on International to Domestic connections after clearing C&I. There is no pre-check line in Atlanta for everyone that have to clear TSA after arriving internationally and connecting to a domestic flight.

You do have to go back through security but they don't make you remove shoes or computers from your bags.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: C & I in Atlanta - 06/04/2019 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by wilsonck

Ding ding ding, correct. Atlanta had GE kiosks, nice and quick.

Their problem is rechecking through security. No pre-check and it was a cluster F last night. We had 10 minutes left prior to boarding. Thankfully thunderstorms delayed things.

Re: C & I in Atlanta - 06/04/2019 12:22 AM

Leona--OK, thanks.

And hopefully there is a trip report in our future??? Please??? smile
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: C & I in Atlanta - 06/06/2019 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Leona--OK, thanks.

And hopefully there is a trip report in our future??? Please??? smile

Well, if I did it would be pretty much all food...lol. And I know how much people b*tch about those. frown

Re: C & I in Atlanta - 06/07/2019 12:02 AM

Oh, I LOVE trip reports all about food!!! oink
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline