TravelTalkOnline

Cedrick...

Posted By: Biturbo

Cedrick... - 06/07/2019 05:48 PM

… just posted photos on his FB page of a new floating platform that he is building to replace those that were swept away by Irma from the waters off the Club O beach. He can't rebuild the resort, but has done a super job of making the beach just as enjoyable as ever. The name of his page is "Club O beach by Cedrick".
Posted By: Alexander9228

Re: Cedrick... - 06/07/2019 06:09 PM

Very cool!! Staying in Orient Village for our first ever visit and seeing his page is getting us even more excited! Can't wait to see it in person, thanks for the heads up!
Posted By: Bobinmobile

Re: Cedrick... - 06/10/2019 11:24 PM

Would like to add my support for Cedrick. He is really trying to bring back the beach as quickly as possible. . I hope he is making some money to make his efforts worth while! In May he had the place hopping with activity and the most people in his chairs all along OB.

Add some flags ( at a small fee) for beach service and I think you would even see more activity.

Looking forward to seeing what he does over the next year until we return.

Re: Cedrick... - 06/11/2019 01:10 AM

So what are these gonna be exactly? Like a platform you can swim to and then jump off from? What were they in the old days? First timer here 😛🍾
Posted By: biglar

Re: Cedrick... - 06/11/2019 01:43 AM

Yes, a platform about 10 feet square in about chest-high water that you could lounge on or jump off. Every year, at different times, those on the beach that particular day would have a contest to see how many people could get on the platform at the same time. That's when the cameras came out and everyone began to yell at each other to get rid of the cameras.

Re: Cedrick... - 06/11/2019 01:51 AM

Hahaha gotcha. I'll make sure my suit is on if the cameras come out 😉
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline