TravelTalkOnline

Transportation recommendation

Posted By: Sakislegirl

Transportation recommendation - 07/24/2019 06:59 PM

What should a group of 8 expect to pay for transportation from Terres Basses to Grand Case for dinner? Is there a standard cost for such services? Any recommendations? We are renting cars but would love the option of having a safe driver for passage to and from dinner. In addition please share your favorite restaurants for dinner. Thank you!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Transportation recommendation - 07/24/2019 07:14 PM

My suggestion would be to contact TTOL sponsor Wilfred Brooks and ask him to give you a quote.

Re: Transportation recommendation - 07/24/2019 07:34 PM

Thank you. I did contact him and he seemed very professional and we would be happy to use him. His estimate was $144 plus tip. It is a bit out of our price range especially if we want to use transportation 4-5 times. We still may call him as he is so highly recommended with amazing reviews on TTOL.
Posted By: kim

Re: Transportation recommendation - 07/24/2019 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Sakislegirl
Thank you. I did contact him and he seemed very professional and we would be happy to use him. His estimate was $144 plus tip. It is a bit out of our price range especially if we want to use transportation 4-5 times. We still may call him as he is so highly recommended with amazing reviews on TTOL.

If that is round trip and he basically has to wait for you I think that’s. Pretty good price.

Re: Transportation recommendation - 07/24/2019 07:41 PM

If you think that you might want to use him several times, I would tell him that, and he may be willing to give you some kind of a package deal. Couldn't hurt to ask.

Re: Transportation recommendation - 07/24/2019 08:21 PM

Yes that is a good point. If we can schedule our trips out it may be worth approaching him for a package cost. Thanks for your input.

Re: Transportation recommendation - 07/24/2019 08:37 PM

You're welcome.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Transportation recommendation - 07/25/2019 01:27 AM

That sounds a little high to me. It's a healthy drive for sure, but I'm thinking more like $120 USD roundtrip. Of course, going at night and if they wait for you then that could contribute to a higher price. I definitely agree with Carols's advice. If you have other trips in mind and don't want to drive see if you can package everything into one combo price. I just did this exact thing in Mallorca, Spain with a company called TaxiTour Mallorca and excursions we took on six different days were rolled into one package price of 330 euros. It was money well spent in my opinion.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline