TravelTalkOnline

Eat like a local news article

Posted By: autoeng

Eat like a local news article - 07/25/2019 02:20 PM

Eat like a local
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Eat like a local news article - 07/25/2019 02:34 PM

Totally incomplete story! Where's the picture of the KFC?? laugh The only time we've ever been to a KFC in SXM was when our plane was very late coming in from SJU one night. This was back when AA had an evening flight from SJU to SXM. The airport had basically CLOSED, and everyone had gone home, including all the car rental guys. They called in a bunch of taxi drivers and our taxi driver asked if we minded if he went through the drivethrough at KFC and got him and his brother some chicken!! rofl We said, sure, why not!!
Posted By: irina

Re: Eat like a local news article - 07/25/2019 02:51 PM

Yup! KFC for sure! Take a bucket of the Colonel's out on the boat!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Eat like a local news article - 07/25/2019 02:56 PM

Wish they described the locations of some of these better.
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Eat like a local news article - 07/25/2019 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Wish they described the locations of some of these better.

The map at the end of the article has all of the locations. wink
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Eat like a local news article - 07/25/2019 08:30 PM

OK thanks. Didn't notice that.
Posted By: cruzer

Re: Eat like a local news article - 07/25/2019 08:33 PM

Of course any article that attempts to do a "best" is going to come up short, even if it were based on my own (Perfect??) selections. Perhaps it's easier to exclude French side places, so in the spirit of staying on the Dutch side I'll add: Ital's Shack, essentially island sourced foods, tasty and at a reasonable price; Caribbean Blend, with a wonderful butter slathered, spiced grouper filet on the grill while watching the cruise passengers doing their thing, even if many have been over-served; The palms in Simpson Bay that has a nice selection of Trinidadan dishes on the menu, although I can never get past the drunken ribs. I know there are even more.

Still, sounds like there are some places I need to try out.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline