TravelTalkOnline

Miami park and fly

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Miami park and fly - 09/28/2019 01:00 PM

Any recommendations for a good Miami park and fly? Man, I miss Miami Fast Park!!!
Posted By: EdB

Re: Miami park and fly - 09/28/2019 04:28 PM

agreed.....fastpark was the best.. never a wait for the bus....friendly service...and pretty damn cheap compared to the others. One trip we came back to a dead battery. went to the checkout window.....they came right over with a jump....and within five minutes of arriving at my car, i was on my way. Tried to tip the person who came with a jump....and they absolutely REFUSED to take anything from me.

Re: Miami park and fly - 09/28/2019 04:38 PM

Agreed, they were the best! Any recommendations in their absence, Ed?

Re: Miami park and fly - 09/29/2019 01:36 AM

honestly no. I haven't flown out of miami now for the last few years. much prefer FLL vs MIA.

Re: Miami park and fly - 09/29/2019 01:40 AM

honestly no. I haven't flown out of miami now for the last few years. much prefer FLL vs MIA.
Posted By: ChuckG

Re: Miami park and fly - 09/29/2019 10:54 AM

We're doing an overnight and 9 parking days at the Hampton Inn Miami Airport East for $183.
Shuttle Frequency: Every Half Hour.
Shuttle Hours: 06:00 AM - 10:00 PM

Re: Miami park and fly - 09/29/2019 01:16 PM

Chuck--thanks. This time, I'm just looking for parking only, as our flight leaves at noon, but next time, we probably will need a hotel also. I will revisit this then and see what you thought.

Re: Miami park and fly - 09/29/2019 01:17 PM

Ed--which I guess means you prefer Jet Blue over AA, as for SXM, those are your choices (other than Spirit, which I'm sure you're not into).
Posted By: panman

Re: Miami park and fly - 09/29/2019 01:34 PM

We stayed at a Hyatt House near MIA and I believe you might also just pay a daily w/o staying overnight, but give them a call to check....

Re: Miami park and fly - 09/29/2019 01:40 PM

We might check it out, but I think just a purely parking situation would be cheaper and better service? I have found that hotel shuttles often take forever to come..
Posted By: marisol

Re: Miami park and fly - 09/29/2019 01:47 PM

We have run into problems with the hotels shuttles at Miami, especially the Hilton which is really close. We now just use Park and Fly. You can reserve online and get a better rate. They also have covered parking which we especially like in the Florida heat. Their shuttles are very dependable.

Re: Miami park and fly - 09/29/2019 02:47 PM

Marisol--have you used any of the ones that are a lot cheaper, running like $5 a day? Park and Fly seems to only have valet left for when we want to go, at over $11 a day.
Posted By: deputydog1157

Re: Miami park and fly - 09/29/2019 05:41 PM

Try this website https://www.cheapairportparking.org/ it seems like they have multiple lots to choose from and the website shows cheaper prices.

Re: Miami park and fly - 09/29/2019 05:47 PM

I see a couple of different places that are cheaper than Park N Fly, but sometimes you get what you pay for... Just wish someone had a recommendation of anything that was cheaper.
Posted By: marisol

Re: Miami park and fly - 09/30/2019 06:24 PM

Carol, I have tried others as we have been traveling from Miami to the BVI's since American Airlines left Fort Lauderdale. You definitely get what you pay for. We have had stressful return days trying to get the van to pick us up when we have used the low cost options. I just want to get home at the end of my trip, not stand around on the curb at MIA.

Re: Miami park and fly - 09/30/2019 06:47 PM

OK, I definitely get ya. I have actually considered going with a cheaper place and paying for a cab at the end. We're looking at about $75 difference for one of the cheaper places, paying $6/day versus paying $12 a day for the other, considering we will be gone for 12 days.

Re: Miami park and fly - 10/01/2019 02:18 AM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Ed--which I guess means you prefer Jet Blue over AA, as for SXM, those are your choices (other than Spirit, which I'm sure you're not into).

Carol....without a doubt. MUCH prefer JB vs AA. Also....customs in FLL takes a fraction of the time, and walk, vs MIA. I did take Spirit down once before the JB direct flight.....and it worked out okay....but if it was any more than the 2.5 hours....i would've started to go stir crazy. smile As of now for March...JB is also cheaper to fly than AA...so for us it's a no brainer. smile I am honestly hoping that i may never need another flight out of MIA ever again. smile

Re: Miami park and fly - 10/01/2019 01:09 PM

I'm definitely stuck with AA this time, and overall, we have not really had many problems with either AA or Miami.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline