TravelTalkOnline

ride to Tintamarre

Posted By: Britt Husman

ride to Tintamarre - 10/02/2019 08:35 PM

I've been to the island on Tiko Tiko trips, but that's not going to happen this year. Would a Pinel Island ferry take you to Tintamarre Island and come back to get you? Would any other basic boat take you there and bring you back? Is that kayak-able? My ability to judge distance is very lacking.

Thanks for your input!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: ride to Tintamarre - 10/02/2019 10:11 PM

No. Pinel ferry only goes to Pinel.
Posted By: thesimpsons

Re: ride to Tintamarre - 10/03/2019 02:48 AM

Way too far to kayak in my opinion. As you stated Tiko Tiko is no longer an option. We have been there with Paul nudetrips.net Back in the early 90’s Robert on Orient Beach took my wife and me out there and picked us up at a prearranged time.

Re: ride to Tintamarre - 10/03/2019 01:43 PM

Hmmm.,.. it doesn't sound promising. I wonder if Cedric on Orient could find somebody to take us out and back?
Posted By: SPF29inSXM

Re: ride to Tintamarre - 10/03/2019 04:51 PM

Check out. They pick up and drop off at the Pinel Ferry dock.

https://www.destination-tintamarre.com/en/home
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: ride to Tintamarre - 10/03/2019 06:57 PM

Looks interesting. Not sure if they cook for you or you cook your own BBQ.

Re: ride to Tintamarre - 10/03/2019 07:10 PM

Not sure why Google couldn't find this for me. Maybe the French through it off. Thanks so much! Looks encouraging. I can't tell if it's one-way for $20 or if that's round trip. I'll definitely look them up. Thanks Scubaman!
Posted By: thesimpsons

Re: ride to Tintamarre - 10/03/2019 07:16 PM

Interesting! It states 17 Euros round trip per person.

Re: ride to Tintamarre - 10/03/2019 07:52 PM

Seems reasonably priced as long as they don't leave you there and make you swim through the tiger shark infested waters in the dark to get back to St. Martin.
Posted By: irina

Re: ride to Tintamarre - 10/03/2019 08:51 PM

Yes Britt,
That's what they do. They forget you there.
Happy swimming!
i
Posted By: SPF29inSXM

Re: ride to Tintamarre - 10/04/2019 01:20 AM

My wife and I were on the beach on back side of Pinel in August and saw the boat go to Tintamarre pretty frequently. The boats they use look just like the Pinel ferry boats. We didn’t fit into our schedule this year, but are planning to make the trip next August. The meal prices are per person and they only take cash so that factored into our decision too. Pretty sure they have some reviews on Trip Advisor as well. Some under destination Tintamarre and some were posted under Tintamarre beach reviews.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline