TravelTalkOnline

A Quick Message from JP/Pizza Galley

Posted By: ruralcarrier

A Quick Message from JP/Pizza Galley - 11/17/2019 04:33 PM

As I was about to exit Horny Toad for the beach a while ago I saw a familiar face approaching me. It was JP from Pizza Galley and he is here on vacation. He is staying at a friend's apartment just 3 properties down the beach. We chatted for about 20 minutes about the state of the island, his life and if he had any future plans to come back. He will be 71 next week and has had offers and backers step forward. He said at 71 and after losing everything here 3 times, he just was not going to do it again. His wife had some health problems that are now resolved and he said he still enjoys visiting SXM and his daughter is still here, but he is ready for retirement.

He said to tell anyone that asked about him, thank you and he "misses his customers as much as they miss him"

It was nice to see him and chat with him.

Back to the beach!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: A Quick Message from JP/Pizza Galley - 11/17/2019 05:18 PM

Don't blame him a bit for not wanting to get back in the game, at this point in his life. Retirement can be a good thing, for sure..
Posted By: Shelby2

Re: A Quick Message from JP/Pizza Galley - 11/17/2019 05:20 PM

Good for him on retiring! Bad for us, always loved Pizza Galley....enjoy your day!
Posted By: sunmantwo

Re: A Quick Message from JP/Pizza Galley - 11/17/2019 07:01 PM

We never missed a visit too Pizza Galley when we were on island. Hope JP and his wife enjoy retirement.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: A Quick Message from JP/Pizza Galley - 11/17/2019 07:33 PM

His good friend Rodger from Last Mango in Paradise thought about buying Pizza galley... Rodger past away after Hurricane Irma and I think at his age he should enjoy everyday.
Posted By: CanuckTravlr

Re: A Quick Message from JP/Pizza Galley - 11/18/2019 06:20 PM

We also enjoyed our visits pre-Irma to Pizza Galley and our chats with JP and his wife. We will definitely miss them, their pizza and other dishes when on the island in future. However, we can relate to their reasons for reverting to just being "visitors" and we wish them all the best in their well-deserved retirement.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: A Quick Message from JP/Pizza Galley - 11/18/2019 07:07 PM

It's where the Simpson Bay bridge is , right and now Nowhere Special has opened.
Posted By: jmbcomms

Re: A Quick Message from JP/Pizza Galley - 11/23/2019 10:45 PM

I saw him on the road and contacted him online. Glad to see him enjoying the weather in SXM and relaxing here!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline