TravelTalkOnline

New(est) Government Talk

Posted By: deputydog1157

New(est) Government Talk - 11/20/2019 01:54 PM

Here is a link to the new PM and the statement of following the policies in place. However I do not see anything about consenting to and/or a willingness to set up that Integrity clause from the kingdom. Sounds like the same circus to me.

https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islands/92612-jacobs-govt-will-honour-all-agreements-including-airport
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: New(est) Government Talk - 11/20/2019 02:02 PM

Yeah, I really am not sure about what the status is of the Integrity Chamber, but at least to me this is encouraging, that they plan on honoring the airport funding agreement. As I recall the airport CEO said that they needed something to be done by December 1, or they would run out of money..

Re: New(est) Government Talk - 11/21/2019 02:03 PM

Perhaps their first day in office is cause for some optimism, as hopefully the airport financing will be on track soon.

Daily Herald story
Posted By: Kennys

Re: New(est) Government Talk - 11/21/2019 03:49 PM

Hope so too.

Re: New(est) Government Talk - 11/21/2019 05:02 PM

Lesley--the people of Sint Maarten deserve better than what they have been getting from their government lately. I'm not sure why the new leaders waited until they were actually sworn in to make any statements regarding the airport, but hopefully it will happen now.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: New(est) Government Talk - 11/21/2019 06:21 PM

Yes Dear and I would like to use some bad words on them.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline