TravelTalkOnline

Traveler's not so good review on St. Martin visit

Posted By: NaClH2ODog

Traveler's not so good review on St. Martin visit - 12/22/2019 07:30 PM

Blog
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Traveler's not so good review on St. Martin visit - 12/22/2019 07:44 PM

Not sure there is a whole lot there that is surprising to those here..
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Traveler's not so good review on St. Martin visit - 12/22/2019 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Not sure there is a whole lot there that is surprising to those here..

For sure.
Posted By: bc007

Re: Traveler's not so good review on St. Martin visit - 12/22/2019 10:18 PM

Tomorrow would be my last day on the island for this trip, and I feel the same. I stay on the dutch side. It is both a bless and curse. On my arrival, there was no way to travel to the French side, so I was glad that I booked a place on the dutch side. However, in the past few days, I kept traveling to the French side for the beaches, and those barricades made my driving less enjoyable, so far the Orleans quarter is still blocked, and I don't know if someone is gonna clear the road. I think the cruises also skipped St Martin recently? I really didn't see many people on the beach no matter where I went. It's sad.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Traveler's not so good review on St. Martin visit - 12/23/2019 12:24 AM

Yes it's rough at a very bad time .
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Traveler's not so good review on St. Martin visit - 12/23/2019 02:22 AM

Pretty much covered on lots of posts but a good read.
Posted By: ChuckG

Re: Traveler's not so good review on St. Martin visit - 12/23/2019 01:57 PM

We just finished 10 days in Orient Bay area and had a great time, other that getting there Thursday 12/12. Took us 3 hours going via Pburg and Oyster Pond quite an adventure getting through Orleans but a friendly local helped us. Yesterday 12/22 we had no problems at all driving through Marigot and Bellevue area to the airport. It took maybe 40 minutes at around 10AM (Sunday). Just some typical slowness in Marigot downtown.

So I would say come and enjoy the French side! Orient Beach was beautiful as always and the Village was mostly open.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline