TravelTalkOnline

Trip Report 12 days in Paradise

Posted By: Karl John

Trip Report 12 days in Paradise - 01/30/2020 05:01 PM

After 26 years it still amazes me how great it is to be in my favorite place on earth. 12 wonderful days in Simpson Bay at a condo on the beach was more than one could ask for. Little rainy this
year , but who cares when one is in paradise. I 've never seen the island so green and lush. Amazing meals at the usual Izy, Mario's Bistro, Larosa, Al Pasha ect. Really enjoyed Sal & Pepe, in fact dined there 4 times. Grand case to Spiga, and Ocean 82 both were tremendous experiences and did not disappoint ! Traffic was relatively light, but roads are bad , especially on the French side. Sand gravity took over ,no surprise there, but that will happen when Simpson Bay is right out your front door. My only complaint is I have to wait 49 weeks until I can go back next year !
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Trip Report 12 days in Paradise - 01/30/2020 05:06 PM

Thanks for the report! Would you mind sharing the name of the condo where you stayed?
Posted By: Karl John

Re: Trip Report 12 days in Paradise - 01/30/2020 05:13 PM

I was blessed to have stayed at the Atlantis @ Coco Beach, next to Marys Boon , Then moved down to the Rendezvous @ Las Arenas. I had set these up with Jenifer's Vacation Villas, they were great to work with
and very accommodating in working with my travel schedule !
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Trip Report 12 days in Paradise - 01/30/2020 05:22 PM

OK, thanks. I am familiar with both complexes. Las Arenas in particular is very nice.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Trip Report 12 days in Paradise - 01/30/2020 07:08 PM

Why wait 49 weeks! Start planning now for next November if this is within your budget. November is a great time to visit and the hurricane season has typically over by the third week of that month if not sooner (I think except for "Wrong Way Lenny" a number of years ago). I have found that the best way to get over the end of a St. Maarten vacation is to immediately start planning your next visit when you get home. Always nice to have something to look forward to.
Posted By: EveVer

Re: Trip Report 12 days in Paradise - 01/30/2020 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by SammyM
Why wait 49 weeks! Start planning now for next November if this is within your budget. November is a great time to visit and the hurricane season has typically over by the third week of that month if not sooner (I think except for "Wrong Way Lenny" a number of years ago). I have found that the best way to get over the end of a St. Maarten vacation is to immediately start planning your next visit when you get home. Always nice to have something to look forward to.

YEP! We got back on 1/15 and have already booked a week for next Jan!! It helps ALOT. I wanna go back sooner though!! wink
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline