TravelTalkOnline

Cancel for any reason insurance

Posted By: cruzer

Cancel for any reason insurance - 02/11/2020 06:19 PM

I checked the link here to Insuremytrip, and they only offer this option as an add-on to a more comprehensive policy, which I clearly don't want (to pay for). Are there firms that offer this as a stand alone option? My Costco Visa used to have coverage for my needs (pets were covered). This is the coverage I need, which doesn't seem to be covered by any of my credit cards. Any options for our kitty?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Cancel for any reason insurance - 02/11/2020 07:01 PM

Huh. I don't know. You might want to call Insuremytrip and ask that question on the phone. They are normally very helpful on the phone.

Re: Cancel for any reason insurance - 02/11/2020 07:29 PM

Carol, Insuremytrip's website specifically states that CAFR is an add on to a more comprehensive policy, not a standalone offering. I'm just wondering if there are other firms that they don't represent that may offer stand-alone coverage, tho' I'm not too optimistic.

Re: Cancel for any reason insurance - 02/11/2020 07:42 PM

Not sure why you wouldn't need some other coverage, like medical evac or something also, especially if you're going to be out of the country?

Re: Cancel for any reason insurance - 02/11/2020 08:07 PM

Carol, I already have that covered with other vehicles. I have medical and evac through other means and don't need to double pay. The only thing I don't have is cancel for pet reasons, especially one who has a pre-existing condition, so I suspect if I want this, I have to buy CAFR.

Re: Cancel for any reason insurance - 02/11/2020 08:10 PM

OK, I suspect what you want doesn't exist. Best wishes..
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline