TravelTalkOnline

Which Grocery Store?

Posted By: VegasCanadian

Which Grocery Store? - 03/08/2020 03:53 AM

I have a pretty specific question about grocery stores. I'm arriving on Saturday and renting a villa in the Simpson Bay area. We plan to head out for a grocery run once we get settled in. If we're planning on visiting a Carrefour to stock up, is there much of a difference between the one in Cole Bay vs. the one on Bush Road? Would you recommend one over the other, it doesn't look like there is much of a difference in the drive from where we are staying either way. Thoughts?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Which Grocery Store? - 03/08/2020 04:01 AM

Cole Bay store much closer and easier to get to. Pretty much same selection and pricing.
Posted By: TANDP

Re: Which Grocery Store? - 03/08/2020 04:07 AM

is the Cole Bay carrefour store the old Grand Marche before Irma?
Posted By: pat

Re: Which Grocery Store? - 03/08/2020 05:21 AM

Yes and I have to agree - the one in Cole Bay is definitely easier to get to. It’s over the causeway and very close to Port de Plaisance.

I haven’t been there myself since it reopened but a few I know who spend a lot of time on island said the store closest to P’Berg has a much larger variety of items.

Me? I mostly use Jeannie and her Shop and Drop grocery delivery and stocking service for prearrival supplies and fill items as we run out during the course of our trip wherever I happen to be on any given day.
Posted By: Wingman

Re: Which Grocery Store? - 03/08/2020 01:27 PM

Yes, the one in Cole Bay used to be Grand Marche. As Pat said, it's right next to Port de Plaisance. Until the Cole Bay store opened, we used the one on Bush Road. This past October/November, we used only the one in Cole Bay. Yes, Bush Road is larger and more variety, however, there wasn't anything we needed that wasn't in Cole Bay. It's much easier to get to and maneuver around.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Which Grocery Store? - 03/08/2020 01:30 PM

Cole Bay is easier to get to from Simpson Bay. However, I prefer Bush Road. If you want liquor or wine, Bush Road has a MUCH larger selection and much better prices.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Which Grocery Store? - 03/10/2020 10:35 AM

If you go to the Cole bay location. Go to the front desk, show them your "Magic of the Caribbean card". You should get 5% off at check out. Bring your own shopping bags too!!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Which Grocery Store? - 03/10/2020 01:19 PM

There's also a coupon in the Destination magazine (or there was, as of October 2019) for 5% off at Carrefour, any Carrefour. And yes, you need to bring your own shopping bags to Carrefour now (as well as Super U)
Posted By: Bluesfan

Re: Which Grocery Store? - 03/10/2020 03:23 PM

Take a photo of the coupon and just show that. You get 5 % discount.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline