TravelTalkOnline

Help with American Airlines

Posted By: SURICK

Help with American Airlines - 03/15/2020 05:39 PM

Just wondering whether or not anyone has tried cancelling their flights online as the AA website says we can. All it says on our trip info is the available flights still flying today or tomorrow. Our flights were to be on Tuesday. I just do not see the tool bar they say on their website to cancel the trip.
Anyone have better luck? I certainly do not want to try calling and stay on call waiting for 18 hours.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Help with American Airlines - 03/15/2020 05:43 PM

How far away are you from an airport? Maybe you could drive there and get something done?
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Help with American Airlines - 03/15/2020 05:46 PM

We were able to cancel using the app on our phone. You select "manage trip", and the the cancel button comes up.
Posted By: cruzer

Re: Help with American Airlines - 03/15/2020 06:12 PM

If you get the same home page I do...

At the top, where it says phones are busy, click on the blue link

at the top of that page, where it says our phones are busy, click on the link where it says cancel and go later.

I had no problem cancelling yesterday.
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: Help with American Airlines - 03/15/2020 06:43 PM

Where you, or anyone else able to cancel for a refund, or only a credit? We are supposed to travel April 1st. I'm not sure that will happen.

Re: Help with American Airlines - 03/15/2020 06:50 PM

I could only get a credit, but I cancelled before the flight restriction. Since, we're looking at rescheduling to Oct/Nov, this doesn't overly concern me. IMO, and based on only one data point, AA may have to give/volunteer to give cash refunds if they can't fly into SXM.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Help with American Airlines - 03/15/2020 06:55 PM

The flights we canceled were domestic, so there was no restriction on flying. They offered the credit and no change fees when we re-book; I didn't expect a refund. If your flights are canceled by the travel restriction, you may be able to get a refund. I know after Irma they gave us a refund without even asking.
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Help with American Airlines - 03/15/2020 06:57 PM

My daughter, an AUC student, doing clinicals in Miami, was due to fly to ATL to take a Medical exam, on Jet Blue, then from ATL to LAX for a Medical Conference and then LAX to DCA to start a new clinical rotation. The Medical Conference was canceled, I went on line and cancelled her AA flights on Wednesday and they issued a credit to my CC this morning. Very Pleased with AA
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: Help with American Airlines - 03/15/2020 07:07 PM

Our flight is the 1st day after the restriction. I could see it getting extended and that's really hard to plan for. It would stink to get a credit and then have AA file for some sort of bankruptcy protection.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Help with American Airlines - 03/15/2020 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by SXMbeacher
Our flight is the 1st day after the restriction. I could see it getting extended and that's really hard to plan for. It would stink to get a credit and then have AA file for some sort of bankruptcy protection.

I don't think AA will be filing for Bankruptcy.
Posted By: bran

Re: Help with American Airlines - 03/15/2020 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by cruzer
I could only get a credit, but I cancelled before the flight restriction. Since, we're looking at rescheduling to Oct/Nov, this doesn't overly concern me. IMO, and based on only one data point, AA may have to give/volunteer to give cash refunds if they can't fly into SXM.

Could someone please inform me about "the flight restriction" cancellation policy, I think I booked very early Jan for April 21st. Wife booked using miles(plus tax) and I paid for FC. I also paid for a flight from SXM to AXA as spending the first week there. Thx.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Help with American Airlines - 03/15/2020 09:03 PM

Scubaman--wish I was as confident of that as you are, as AA is in big trouble.

Re: Help with American Airlines - 03/15/2020 09:14 PM

Under the travel alerts link on the home page, it lists your various options and limitations.
Posted By: bran

Re: Help with American Airlines - 03/15/2020 09:25 PM

thx, its just a bit vague.......I booked for example before March, so... check, but returning after April 30th(one week later).....................will just see how this plays out.....

Re: Help with American Airlines - 03/15/2020 09:50 PM

So did I, on 2/14. It does say booked before Mar 1, but doesn't seem to have any time limit.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline