TravelTalkOnline

Delta Shutting Down.

Posted By: laughingirish

Delta Shutting Down. - 03/24/2020 08:59 PM

Just heard on the evening news today 3/24/20 Delta plans on completely shutting down as low passenger traffic throughout US persist.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Delta Shutting Down. - 03/24/2020 09:03 PM

That is really a bold move if true.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Delta Shutting Down. - 03/24/2020 09:19 PM

LINK AIRLINES

Re: Delta Shutting Down. - 03/24/2020 09:45 PM

The key would is "could ". I don't see any statement confirming Delta shutting down all flights as OP indicates.

Re: Delta Shutting Down. - 03/24/2020 09:51 PM

And that is WHY I ask for a LINK when people make these statements. What you hear or I hear on a "news" broadcast may be different from what another person hears or how it is interpreted. Provide some kind of link so it gives some backing to the statement and it doesn't look like TTOL or the members are putting out unsubstantiated information. This may be 100% accurate with regard to Delta but provide something to substantiate it.

Re: Delta Shutting Down. - 03/24/2020 10:43 PM

Title was misleading the way it stated they are shutting down which makes it sound definite.

Re: Delta Shutting Down. - 03/24/2020 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Title was misleading the way it stated they are shutting down which makes it sound definite.

And you know how that works, right?
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Delta Shutting Down. - 03/24/2020 11:02 PM

I don’t see this anywhere on the net. Delta debt is rated a junk today by S&P. They have suspended 80% flights and parked ooooooodles of jets on the runways and taxiways at ATL.

Quite honestly, I don’t see how one distances unless many rows apart and they turn recirculating down.

Flights in/out NEW YORK JFK/LGA/EWR should be shut down for the most part. Not smart to have spreader specials taking off for all parts all day.

I’d add a few other hotspot cities to the no-fly list for a fe w weeks.

Re: Delta Shutting Down. - 03/24/2020 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by ruralcarrier
Originally Posted by SXMScubaman

And you know how that works, right?

Play nice.🤝
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Delta Shutting Down. - 03/24/2020 11:30 PM

Just kinda go with this link here

Wendell

not to get confused but the plane in the pic is from Egypt, flown in for maintenance ( article I guess was lazy to find a Delta or AA pic)

Re: Delta Shutting Down. - 03/24/2020 11:45 PM

One thing is for sure, this will be a global depression for aviation like never before if they don’t get the birds flying with people on them soon. Singapore Air grounded 96% of fleet, Lufthansa 86%........this is global and not good,for,plane makers, engine makers, pilots, pax, flight attendants, countries, airports.......on and on, not good.

Trump aiming April 12, I say April 24th. Either would be good for a resumption of Normal life.
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Delta Shutting Down. - 03/25/2020 12:58 AM

Actually it is a free "time " ride for Boeing to get the Max 800 think straitened out.

Wendell

Re: Delta Shutting Down. - 03/25/2020 01:16 AM

Heard this tonight on prime time news. I am just relaying on what was heard and putting it out there for possible future travel plans. Also heard on prime time news the corona virus might be a problem and shutting down airports throughout the world.

Re: Delta Shutting Down. - 03/25/2020 01:18 AM

There are a lot of "might be" rumors and speculation out there. I'll wait for hard facts.

Re: Delta Shutting Down. - 03/25/2020 01:23 AM

Hey scuba man check the oxygen on your tanks ! How is it your opinion is always gospel truth! Come up for air once in a while !

Re: Delta Shutting Down. - 03/25/2020 03:39 AM

I just like facts. Not hearsay.

Re: Delta Shutting Down. - 03/25/2020 11:57 AM

Only,on that one front of 737-Max, they are hemorrhaging on all fronts. That front, the blood is hemorrhaging less.

The company has never been threatened like this before.

Re: Delta Shutting Down. - 03/25/2020 03:35 PM

https://www.delta.com/us/en/advisor...WC8cl9fzjv0SKezJpchoQs26PTvFvpn7HwkWrrnE
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline