TravelTalkOnline

Daily Herald April Fools?

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Daily Herald April Fools? - 04/01/2020 03:51 PM

They must be at it again.
https://www.thedailyherald.sx/islan...igns-agreement-to-open-locations-on-mars
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Daily Herald April Fools? - 04/01/2020 03:52 PM

I would say you are correct. I wondered if they would do anything this year.

Re: Daily Herald April Fools? - 04/01/2020 03:57 PM

Glad they did. With all the gloom and doom around it's good to get a chuckle or two.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Daily Herald April Fools? - 04/01/2020 05:03 PM

Wasn't able to get the site to come up. I guess they are too busy with hits.

Edit--well, I guess it's good to complain. laugh Just got it to come up. A little silliness is good at this time. I wish I could remember that really classic one they did a few years ago. Can't remember what it was about, but I was literally falling off my chair with laughter. I wonder if they have saved those somewhere? Would be a good thing, a special section of the 'best of' Daily Herald April Fools' stories..
Posted By: Jerry_R

Re: Daily Herald April Fools? - 04/01/2020 05:03 PM

Must be supplying the Space Force.
Posted By: enzosxm

Re: Daily Herald April Fools? - 04/01/2020 07:20 PM

Must be paid advertisment as it is the 2nd or 3rd time that they future Domino's Pizza in a few yesrs in their April's Fool article.

Re: Daily Herald April Fools? - 04/01/2020 07:22 PM

Well, that could be, as a lot of stories there are really ads.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Daily Herald April Fools? - 04/01/2020 07:58 PM

I wondered if the "edict" that take-out food service would end today was an April Fool's joke, but I suspect not.

Re: Daily Herald April Fools? - 04/01/2020 08:09 PM

I suspect not.

"Prime Minister Silveira Jacobs said restaurants will only be allowed to operate takeout and delivery services from 8:00am to 6:00pm today. However as of tomorrow, Thursday, restaurants will not be open to serve the public."

DAILY HERALD BUSINESS CLOSURES

Re: Daily Herald April Fools? - 04/01/2020 08:14 PM

That construction closure will affect Flamingo and Royal Palm completion dates.

Re: Daily Herald April Fools? - 04/01/2020 08:17 PM

In light of the situation, it may be a wise move. Nothing any of us can do about it.

Meanwhile, a dentist office remodel is going full bore where I live.

Re: Daily Herald April Fools? - 04/01/2020 08:26 PM

Just today a news flash came that a Dentist in Washington State tried arson twice and failed but not before he set fire to all his much needed masks and protective gowns. Can't make this stuff up.

Re: Daily Herald April Fools? - 04/01/2020 09:22 PM

HUH?
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Daily Herald April Fools? - 04/02/2020 12:58 PM

Construction has been deemed an essential service by many states. Have a son in Atlanta and son-in-law in Memphis who both work in construction and they continue to work multiple projects.

Re: Daily Herald April Fools? - 04/02/2020 01:04 PM

And that may well be the case but in OH, dentist's offices have shut down with the exception of major emergencies so not really a need to get a new office up and running. I am glad some are still working though. A smaller local custom cabinet shop is working as well near me.
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Daily Herald April Fools? - 04/02/2020 01:27 PM

A chiropractor's parking lot is getting redone (started this week) near me. There is a local restaurant and Pub that an addition on to the back started yesterday ( I mean dug a hole to expand the basement and ground level).
So some business's are taking advantage of this closed time.

A friend owns an auto body repair shop. He has has a 2 month backlog for the last 6 months. I asked him yesterday since less people ( I thought) are driving that he is getting caught up now. He said no he is writing a lot of estimates even now.

Wendell
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline