TravelTalkOnline

Atrium update

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Atrium update - 05/01/2020 07:28 PM

News from the Atrium.
Greetings Atrium Beach Resort and Spa Owner,
With an unwavering dedication to the health and safety of our guests and employees as we closely monitor the latest Coronavirus/COVID19 developments and direction given by State and Federal agencies, including the CDC and WHO; the Atrium Beach Resort and Spa is taking the necessary steps to ensure the wellbeing of all.
With this in mind, the Atrium Beach Resort and Spa is temporarily closed. We anticipate re-opening the first week of October.
We will continue to monitor CDC and government directives to determine if any adjustment to this anticipated reopening is necessary.
We appreciate your patience as we make this necessary closure.

Kind regards;
Atrium Beach Resort and Spa Management & Staff
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Atrium update - 05/01/2020 07:44 PM

I wonder what employees they are referring to? The 3 they didn't fire?
Posted By: DannynGinger

Re: Atrium update - 05/01/2020 08:24 PM

Wonder what they are going to do about all the maintenance fees for people that were suppose to be there.
Can't get a reply from anyone and how are they going to accommodate everyone that will want to make up their weeks if they open 1st week of October. Going to be a shat storm...………...
Our trip was for 3 weeks starting April 25th thru May 16th.....and has been for 25 years in the same unit.....
Miss seeing all of our St Maarten family.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Atrium update - 05/01/2020 10:29 PM

Interesting, that they are closing until October 1. That seems to indicate to me that they expect that SXM is not going to open to outside visitors until around that time.. Which I don't necessarily disagree with, but just find that interesting.

Re: Atrium update - 05/01/2020 10:48 PM

Having just stayed at Atrium in March, there was a lot of renovation going on. I think the entire 2nd floor was closed so MAYBE they are using this as an opportunity to get all the renovations done without guests there. Just a thought.
Posted By: DannynGinger

Re: Atrium update - 05/01/2020 10:57 PM

When we were there in November they had started on the 8th floor and was working their way down. Our unit was already updated and looked great.
Guess it will depend on how everything goes over next couple of months as to when guest get to return.
We have a unit in St Lucia we go to in the fall but understand they are closed also with not much info.
Will be ready to go somewhere soon.😎

Re: Atrium update - 05/02/2020 12:14 AM

Huhm, interesting. Could be more going on than first thought.
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Atrium update - 05/02/2020 01:10 AM

They'll probably try to lure previous staff back, but most likely at new 'entry level' wages (whatever those might be). An alternative to this place for those who can pick and choose would be the Commodore Suites which is essentially right next door, very friendly and helpful staff that was always cheerful during our most recent stay, and the rooms were very nice (even if they did overlook the garbage bins in the back ... who spends time on St. Martin looking out the windows?). Prices were reasonable, and the Market Garden supermarket is located directly below (though it did get robbed pre-COVID-19).

Re: Atrium update - 05/02/2020 12:31 PM

Actually I DO spend time looking out the windows and definitely on my balcony in SXM -- or anywhere else I travel. A view is EXTREMELY important to me. Obviously, your needs and wants differ.

Re: Atrium update - 05/02/2020 01:26 PM

They had several containers sitting in the parking lot in March and it was tough for the workers to use the elevators and more stuff with tourists. Lots of cabinets, etc. piled outside (under cover) as well. I got to ride the elevator with a bathtub one day. Parking at Atrium is pretty tight and the containers and workers vehicles made it a mess on many days. My personal guess is this closure has more to do with remodeling than anything else. Once then can resume that is.

Re: Atrium update - 05/02/2020 01:27 PM

OK, thanks for the info.
Posted By: islandgem

Re: Atrium update - 05/02/2020 06:17 PM

As an owner at the Atrium Resort and Spa, I received the email yesterday. I understand their decision as it will not be to their advantage to open during low season when the island will still be trying to recover from this pandemic. Air Canada and some other airlines have recently announced that they will not be flying internationally until December. It will be awhile before some airports reopen and restrictions are lifted. Many people will not feel safe to travel even when restrictions are lifted. Hotels and other businesses are certainly having difficult decisions to make at this very uncertain time. I appreciate the Atrium in making this decision and informing the owners. The date could change again depending on the conditions at that time, but at least we have a tentative date now and know what to expect.

Re: Atrium update - 05/02/2020 06:27 PM

Thanks for the information.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Atrium update - 05/02/2020 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
Actually I DO spend time looking out the windows and definitely on my balcony in SXM -- or anywhere else I travel. A view is EXTREMELY important to me. Obviously, your needs and wants differ.

Exactly.....
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline