TravelTalkOnline

SXM this year?

Posted By: Sunfun

SXM this year? - 07/13/2020 03:35 AM

Does anybody really think that any american citizen will be allowed entry into SXM this year? The USA has had one of the most irresponsible reactions to this virus of any country in the world. The situation has become catastrophic . And people here are wondering if the can go in August?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: SXM this year? - 07/13/2020 03:45 AM

Not that far fetched. Still 5 months till end of year. Lot can happen.
Posted By: Sunfun

Re: SXM this year? - 07/13/2020 04:03 AM

Well this pretty optimistic for a country currently getting over 60,000 cases a day and rising every day.
Posted By: 2fingers

Re: SXM this year? - 07/13/2020 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Sunfun
USA has had one of the most irresponsible reactions to this virus of any country in the world.

How so?
Posted By: CarlosII

Re: SXM this year? - 07/13/2020 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by 2fingers

USA has had one of the most irresponsible reactions to this virus of any country in the world.

How so?

My question too.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: SXM this year? - 07/13/2020 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by CarlosII
Originally Posted by 2fingers

How so?

My question too.

Me too and let's keep politics out of it.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: SXM this year? - 07/13/2020 02:08 PM

I don't think it's out of the question either.

And exactly how accurate are the numbers? I'm personally aware of at least one false-positive test (a friend's father), and have knowledge of three positive tests that weren't actually tests at all (clinic staff questioned the lab results and sent in three sterile swabs with fictitious names; all came back positive.). A respiratory therapist who is a member of my family said that people who test positive more than once (follow-up to see if they're still infected) are likely being reported as another new case.

Not saying it's not a real problem, but I truly believe the numbers are grossly inflated.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: SXM this year? - 07/13/2020 02:16 PM

Yeah, tell it to the 15,000 positives from just YESTERDAY here in Florida. This gets us absolutely nowhere.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline