TravelTalkOnline

Delta blocking Middle Seats thru Jan. 6 2021/Schedule Changes/UPDATED

Posted By: ruralcarrier

Delta blocking Middle Seats thru Jan. 6 2021/Schedule Changes/UPDATED - 08/20/2020 07:51 PM

Just received an email about this along with other safety measures.

Also, anyone booked on Delta for this fall might want to check their reservations as the dates we are booked no longer show flights. I spoke with a very courteous Delta supervisor about this today, she thinks there may be some major schedule changes/adjustments coming. She said our flights are still scheduled but they are not allowed to book seats on them at this time, hence the reason of showing the flight as unavailable.

Who knows if the trip will happen. I have little faith in the SXM government at this point and the more layers of hoops to jump though will go a LONG way in determining if we even attempt to make the trip.
Posted By: Chargergirl

Re: Delta blocking Middle Seats thru Jan. 6 2021/Schedule Changes - 08/20/2020 10:09 PM

Our AA flights are still showing for travel on 10/7 and so is our return on Jet Blue.
Posted By: CaribEagle

Re: Delta blocking Middle Seats thru Jan. 6 2021/Schedule Changes - 08/21/2020 03:21 PM

Ruralcarrier when is your flight currently scheduled?

Re: Delta blocking Middle Seats thru Jan. 6 2021/Schedule Changes - 08/21/2020 03:27 PM

Nov 9-18.

Attached picture 2020-08-20.png
Posted By: CaribEagle

Re: Delta blocking Middle Seats thru Jan. 6 2021/Schedule Changes - 08/21/2020 03:30 PM

We are scheduled for Oct. 31 - Nov. 7 but I keep hearing rumors that Delta is canceling all flights to SXM for Sept. and Oct. of course the Delta rep I spoke with yesterday said my flights were still on schedule and basically full. Hope we both get to make the trip.

Re: Delta blocking Middle Seats thru Jan. 6 2021/Schedule Changes - 08/21/2020 03:35 PM

Not sure where you are hearing "rumors" but I would go with what the Delta reps say. I have read some postulations elsewhere as well, and based upon what I am actually seeing, they were pretty far off with what was stated. What I was told yesterday made sense, although I am concerned. If Delta is flying into SXM 3 days a week now (as I believe they are), I doubt they would cancel Sept. and Oct. flights UNLESS SXM government continues to change the rules for entry or the airport is closed to US flights.

Anything could happen and nothing would really surprise me at this point. Good luck.

Re: Delta blocking Middle Seats thru Jan. 6 2021/Schedule Changes - 08/22/2020 11:57 PM

Well, I just checked our flights for Nov. and they are now shown as CANCELLED. No good alternative so I called and cancelled and hopefully the full amount (including the credit voucher after the price dropped) will be applied back to our credit card as I was told. This is NOT good for the island. Not sure if Delta might add some flights in the future but I will take the cash and take my chances on rebooking if they do. Pretty sad overall, I really feel for the local island residents and business owners.

Attached picture 2020-08-22 (1).png
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Delta blocking Middle Seats thru Jan. 6 2021/Schedule Changes - 08/23/2020 12:10 AM

JD, what were your dates? We're on AA in November, and still on their schedule.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Delta blocking Middle Seats thru Jan. 6 2021/Schedule Changes - 08/23/2020 12:15 AM

JD--sorry to hear that..

Re: Delta blocking Middle Seats thru Jan. 6 2021/Schedule Changes - 08/23/2020 12:16 AM

Nov. 9-18 on Delta. This just kind of started falling apart over the past 4-5 days. I could not get the flights to show so I called on Thursday. Today they are shown as cancelled.

For us to do AA, we would have to make 2 connections or travel Sat.-Sat. at a much higher fare.

Hopefully you guys are still ok.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Delta blocking Middle Seats thru Jan. 6 2021/Schedule Changes - 08/23/2020 01:53 AM

Airlines and island aren't making it easy to make reservations with confidence.

Re: Delta blocking Middle Seats thru Jan. 6 2021/Schedule Changes - 08/23/2020 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Airlines and island aren't making it easy to make reservations with confidence.

That is for sure.

One thing I will say. The Delta agents I have dealt with have been very courteous and did exactly what they said they were going to do. While I received no email notification of the cancellation (it may have been too soon for the email to have gone out), I did receive an email with the full refund amount stated, including the $130 that had been credited as an e-credit due to the fare dropping previously. This email came within minutes of speaking to an agent in the Delta Refund Dept.

It now appears Delta has added some flights back around our chosen dates but at substantially higher fares and/or an overnight connection. It looks like they have made an equipment change as well, going from a 737 to a 757 for weekday travel. I am sure things will continue to change but they are not making it easy for people who want to travel to SXM.
Posted By: bizzottom

Re: Delta blocking Middle Seats thru Jan. 6 2021/Schedule Changes - 08/23/2020 09:55 AM

same comment as GaKaye, Kenny

also My JB flite 10-19 Nov is still alive
Posted By: road3682

Re: Delta blocking Middle Seats thru Jan. 6 2021/Schedule Changes - 08/23/2020 12:56 PM

Delta canceled our 26 Oct-11 Nov flights
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Delta blocking Middle Seats thru Jan. 6 2021/Schedule Changes - 08/23/2020 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by road3682
Delta canceled our 26 Oct-11 Nov flights

Those dates are similar to what we would have used. frown

We can get tested, but not to the requirements of the SXM govt. Hubby was already tested last week pre-surgery with the "in your brain swab"...lol
I'm expected to get tested within 14 days IF I choose to step foot back on campus. Given how college students act...I will continue to work/teach online.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline