TravelTalkOnline

Gov. Cuomo announces mandatory COVID-19 testing for out-of-state travelers

Posted By: SANFILIP

Gov. Cuomo announces mandatory COVID-19 testing for out-of-state travelers - 11/01/2020 12:37 PM

I would think that this applies to international travel also.

https://nypost.com/2020/10/31/gov-cuomo-says-all-travelers-must-get-tested-for-covid-19/
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Gov. Cuomo announces mandatory COVID-19 testing for out-of-state travelers - 11/01/2020 12:45 PM

Wow! That is pretty severe. I get his reasoning but.....

So any New York residents leaving the state for over 24 hours will need two tests and a a three day quarantine when they return home.... and if you are going to a destination that requires a test (SXM) before arrival that would be three COVID tests for maybe a week "vacation"

..and to include Maine and Vermont which have a lower rate than NY is also weird...
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Gov. Cuomo announces mandatory COVID-19 testing for out-of-state travelers - 11/01/2020 03:09 PM

Absolutely ridiculous. Over kill.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Gov. Cuomo announces mandatory COVID-19 testing for out-of-state travelers - 11/01/2020 03:30 PM

Sandflip, does this mean you guys will have to get a test in SXM to return home?
Posted By: SANFILIP

Re: Gov. Cuomo announces mandatory COVID-19 testing for out-of-state travelers - 11/01/2020 05:17 PM

Ro, our November trip was canceled, but to answer your question, I would say yes that you would need a negative test in SXM, so you won’t have to quarantine for 14 days upon arrival. Hopefully by March there will be a vaccine.
Posted By: pat

Re: Gov. Cuomo announces mandatory COVID-19 testing for out-of-state travelers - 11/01/2020 05:34 PM

Okay, then, I don’t live in NY but close enough and we have our own gubernatorial issues here, but for what it’s worth, IMO, both of the younger Cuomos are narcissistic jerks.
Posted By: Todd

Re: Gov. Cuomo announces mandatory COVID-19 testing for out-of-state travelers - 11/01/2020 06:09 PM

Hopefully Inslee doesn't follow that lead in WA.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Gov. Cuomo announces mandatory COVID-19 testing for out-of-state travelers - 11/01/2020 06:37 PM

Pat, Pat, Pat,

Those are probably the harshest words I have ever seen you write online, but much nicer than how I would describe those two.
Posted By: pony600

Re: Gov. Cuomo announces mandatory COVID-19 testing for out-of-state travelers - 11/01/2020 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by bdeeley
Pat, Pat, Pat,

Those are probably the harshest words I have ever seen you write online, but much nicer than how I would describe those two.

That's what I thought too!
Posted By: pat

Re: Gov. Cuomo announces mandatory COVID-19 testing for out-of-state travelers - 11/01/2020 06:43 PM

Just want you to know, there are the occasional posts I make where it almost hurts to remain respectful! This was most definitely one of them.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Gov. Cuomo announces mandatory COVID-19 testing for out-of-state travelers - 11/01/2020 06:54 PM

OK, guys, got to remind people that political posts are not allowed here..
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Gov. Cuomo announces mandatory COVID-19 testing for out-of-state travelers - 11/01/2020 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Todd
Hopefully Inslee doesn't follow that lead in WA.

Got that right.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Gov. Cuomo announces mandatory COVID-19 testing for out-of-state travelers - 11/01/2020 10:25 PM

Again, enough with the political posts. This one is done.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline