TravelTalkOnline

We made it!!

Posted By: pat

We made it!! - 11/29/2020 10:09 PM

SXM - November in the year of COVID-19

So! It took a lot of changes in plans and reservations, being here is the fifth set of changes this year, but finally, here we are at BSV, SXM and it was well worth the effort. BSV just NEVER disappoints!

We had perfect flights on AA. Flew HPN (regional airport half hour from home....) to CLT and into SXM. Flights, both of them, were about half full and on time and the good news, we cleared PJIA in record time. Met Lesley in the parking lot and we were off in a heartbeat to our home for the next two weeks.

Unpacked and got squared away in our room and while we meant to make it out to the pool, we were so exhausted we ended up doing nap time and then dinner in, thanks to the pre-provisioning from Jeannie at Shopndrop. Perfect as always! I can’t say that most would consider roast beef grinders on fresh baguette among the gourmet meals they came to the island for, but it worked for us. Early to bed to let the new day begin.

Sunday: fresh brewed coffee and warmed pastries on the porch with a view of Saba and two cruise ships off to the sea. It just doesn’t get any better than this.

We went out to the pool deck for a bit and met some new faces but old timers to BSV and SXM - Sarah and her family from MI but sadly, their time is done and they’re heading home today. They were a family of three and part of a group who also had major issues with testing and approvals.

We took a short ride and ended up at Fat Tony’s for lunch. Nothing special but good and easy and inexpensive by island standards. We also took a ride up the Towers driveway as far as we were able to go before the security guard stopped us. He was very nice and just like all the owners, he’s heart-broken at the status of things there. He is one of only two Towers former staff still working, and understandably, he didn’t want to say too much for fear of there being only one left after he did. The power is still on but Manu units just wide open to the elements, missing both windows and sliders still.

Home again for nappy time on the porch and then it’s pina colada time! We thought about going out to dinner but just don’t feel like it. Again.....
Posted By: MamaB

Re: We made it!! - 11/29/2020 10:18 PM

So happy you made it!! I'm sure after all the issues, you really needed an easy day today. Looking forward to enjoying your posts.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: We made it!! - 11/29/2020 10:25 PM

dance

Very happy for you both!!

Was waiting to hear ........
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: We made it!! - 11/29/2020 10:37 PM

Thanks for the update. Glad you made it. Very sad about The Towers.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: We made it!! - 11/29/2020 10:49 PM

Great to hear it is going swimmingly so far!!!

And the view for the day..

[Linked Image]
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: We made it!! - 11/29/2020 11:48 PM

So happy you made it back!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: We made it!! - 11/30/2020 12:45 AM

👍👏👌
Posted By: RICKnGRACE_LI_NY

Re: We made it!! - 11/30/2020 01:26 AM

Relax and Enjoy!
Posted By: Kennys

Re: We made it!! - 11/30/2020 01:49 AM

Welcome back my Dear friends and do enjoy. Have to a drink lol.

Re: We made it!! - 11/30/2020 02:00 AM

Thank you all so very much for your comments and kind thoughts. We love SXM and have stayed in many different places here on the island over the past 48 years but none of them have offered us the peace of BSV. And that would even include our once beloved 709 unit at the Towers. Once again, kudos to the Mascarin family for running such a pleasant and enjoyable home away from home.

Re: We made it!! - 11/30/2020 02:23 AM

Pat--Agreed. We have stayed at at least a couple dozen different places on SXM and none compares to the peace and serenity and comfort of BSV. Enjoy, my friend..
Posted By: Colour1

Re: We made it!! - 11/30/2020 10:50 AM

HEY HEY!! Welcome "home"!!! Glad the flights, check in-out process worked out!!! Time to get that blender going! Relax! Enjoy!!!

Re: We made it!! - 11/30/2020 11:36 AM

It’s perfect here as it always is. And the blender has already been put to good use.....

Re: We made it!! - 11/30/2020 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by pat
Thank you all so very much for your comments and kind thoughts. We love SXM and have stayed in many different places here on the island over the past 48 years but none of them have offered us the peace of BSV. And that would even include our once beloved 709 unit at the Towers. Once again, kudos to the Mascarin family for running such a pleasant and enjoyable home away from home.

Can I say I told you so? groovin So many of us have the same thoughts.

I'm picturing you sitting at the computer, composing a report, as a crazy neighbor
opens your door and almost walks in!! jester

Enjoy!!!!

Re: We made it!! - 11/30/2020 03:43 PM

A couple more miscellaneous pics from Pat..

[Linked Image]

Raking the (small amount of) seaweed

[Linked Image]

Perfect Pina Coladas

[Linked Image]

Sunrise today

[Linked Image]
Posted By: fabila

Re: We made it!! - 11/30/2020 04:02 PM

Good to hear you and John made it and are at our beloved BSV. Have a great time.

Re: We made it!! - 11/30/2020 05:01 PM

Beautiful pictures!
Posted By: gomer36

Re: We made it!! - 12/01/2020 07:10 PM

We're right down the beach from you Pat, in unit 3. Yes..we made it with a few hours to spare before our flight. My wife got approved about noon Sunday and it took multiple tries to get my approval. I was about ready to give up on our Monday 6am flight and then I got yet another response to my many applications. I was greatly relieved to see the green header versus the red denial one. The process has truly been worth it. Absolutely beautiful weather. I think the multiple emails I sent to the address on the portal did the trick. Thanks to those that posted the info, saved our vacation!

Re: We made it!! - 12/01/2020 08:01 PM

gomer--Great!! Good for you! Enjoy!

Please tell us more about your trip when you can.
Posted By: bigbobthib

Re: We made it!! - 12/01/2020 08:50 PM

Is the airport busy?
Posted By: bigbobthib

Re: We made it!! - 12/01/2020 09:00 PM

Is the airport busy?

Re: We made it!! - 12/01/2020 09:18 PM

We flew from our regional airport which is almost always easy but went through CLT which I’ve always found to be very crowded and busy. Not the case this trip and both our flights were maybe half full. Easy peazy as was PJIA. In and out in no time at all.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline