TravelTalkOnline

Level 4 Travel Advisory in FWI

Posted By: DPD1968

Level 4 Travel Advisory in FWI - 12/22/2020 03:32 PM

Hello,
Does anyone know what if any impact this will have on travel to St Martin? Apparently this happened yesterday?

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr.../french-west-indies-travel-advisory.html

Thanks
Posted By: Bahston

Re: Level 4 Travel Advisory in FWI - 12/22/2020 04:34 PM

It means nothing, other than as a travel advisory. The US government is recommending that you don't travel to St Martin.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Level 4 Travel Advisory in FWI - 12/22/2020 05:17 PM

There was a thread some time back that mentioned that SXM had a level 4 travel advisory....and it was mentioned that most of the world also has a level 4 travel advisory. The point is they are discouraging travel everywhere

(Red countries are Level 4)

CDC Level 4 travel advisory map link
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Level 4 Travel Advisory in FWI - 12/22/2020 11:14 PM

I respectfully disagree. It does mean something. If you get sick there from Covid it won't be easy to get home. Wish we were going but not right now.

Re: Level 4 Travel Advisory in FWI - 12/23/2020 11:49 AM

I believe the warning tagged on SXM or FWI means nothing relative to the whole world having the same tag. The warning is real and relates to ANY travel and is not specific to a country. You are point on re: COVID departure from a relatively small island.
Posted By: RobT

Re: Level 4 Travel Advisory in FWI - 12/28/2020 08:19 PM

It just seems to be Covid related. I have travel insurance with EA+ and they sent out the notice below recently. I do not know how other travel insurance carriers are affected. But here is one impact.

If a country is issued a Level 4 Travel Advisory only due to COVID (meaning there are no other travel concerns), then EA+ would be able to help a member if they become hospitalized from a non-COVID related injury or illness. However, if the the injury or illness is due to COVID, EA+ will not be able to provide services, and will not be responsible for any costs or expenses from travel to that destination.

Re: Level 4 Travel Advisory in FWI - 12/28/2020 08:46 PM

I can't imagine any other reason for the level 4 alert for SXM other than COVID
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline