TravelTalkOnline

Beach Massage prices

Posted By: TinaOysterBay

Beach Massage prices - 01/21/2021 08:46 PM

Hi, Does anyone know what the going rate typically is for a beach chair massage on Orient beach?

We were there for just a short bit yesterday, and I asked one of them, she told me $160 for an hour. That is more than I pay back home at the chiro office! Is that truly what they go for? Trying to plan a girls afternoon surprise for my mom and sister when they arrive, but that seems awfully high for a sandy massage on a beach chair!

And I am DEFINITELY not trying to get one for less than is reasonable, I know they need the tourists traffic, but this would be over $500 for one hour with tip for the 3 of us. Just curious if I am out of touch with current pricing.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Beach Massage prices - 01/21/2021 08:55 PM

You might contact Fabienne via her website here

I don't know if the prices there are still good or not, but it was $100 at Orient and $110 at YOUR location before.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Beach Massage prices - 01/21/2021 09:05 PM

Highly negotiable, especially now. The going rate in many places in the US with a trained and licensed massage therapist is $60-$80 per hour plus any gratuity. Take it from there.
Posted By: TinaOysterBay

Re: Beach Massage prices - 01/21/2021 09:05 PM

Thanks Carol - this looks like she has an actual Massage business, those prices are very reasonable. The gals who quoted the $160 were simply walking up and down the beach with a bag with aloe vera and doing massages on people's chairs that they were renting. Definitely a different experience!
Posted By: Trinigerl

Re: Beach Massage prices - 01/21/2021 09:50 PM

If I had to guess i would say about $40-$50, when we were at Mullet Beach there were about 10-15 ladies with their Aloe in hand walking up and down the beach all day long/ every day asking you if you wanted a massage .They were also offering demos. Same thing at Orient beach. I would try to negotiate what you feel is a good price for a beach chair massage not sure how much training those ladies have.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Beach Massage prices - 01/21/2021 09:51 PM

Most have little to no training.
Posted By: bslk

Re: Beach Massage prices - 01/22/2021 12:00 AM

Fabienne was charging $85.00 per hour at the massage hut at the old Club O
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Beach Massage prices - 01/22/2021 12:41 AM

...which is way before that website was created..
Posted By: JohnnyZ

Re: Beach Massage prices - 01/22/2021 01:31 AM

Also, alway negotiate with the beach workers!
Posted By: Canuck54

Re: Beach Massage prices - 01/22/2021 01:32 AM

Price at Club O has dropped to $75/hour. Fabian is Monday only, Rosio and Maria on other days.
Posted By: SXMFOX

Re: Beach Massage prices - 01/22/2021 02:09 AM

Go to the Westin if they’re open. Don’t look back, have fun!
Posted By: lcote

Re: Beach Massage prices - 01/22/2021 12:46 PM

I had a deep tissue massage at Divi's Indulgence by the Sea Day spa which included a nice robe and no sand and a comfy massage table and a fully trained massage therapist for $80.
$160 for an hour is ridiculous.
I just had a massage last night by a licensed massage therapist here in MA for $75!
Posted By: JBSTL

Re: Beach Massage prices - 01/23/2021 01:47 PM

For a great massage anywhere on the island, Brian Le Cointe. He owns "A Touch of Hands" massage and does massages most anywhere. He used to set up on Orient Beach near Pedro's. He and his team are great for many types of massages.

Good luck and enjoy!
Posted By: JBSTL

Re: Beach Massage prices - 01/23/2021 01:50 PM

I didn't find a link to Brian at Touch of Handz....but you can check him out on YouTube or FB Touch of Handz
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline