TravelTalkOnline

Pre-approval site down

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Pre-approval site down - 02/06/2021 03:36 AM

posted on radio station Facebook page.
We have been notified the StMaartenentry.com is down.

Airlines have been notified to allow passengers traveling to St. Maarten to board their flights to Princess Juliana International Airport/SXM with proper NEGATIVE COVID test if they don't have a pre-approval letter.

More details as soon as they are known. Dr. Soc, Island92 FM
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Pre-approval site down - 02/06/2021 10:57 AM

Isn't that just great? If this notification to the airlines does not filter down to the gate agents, I foresee some denied boardings. Only good thing would be if they are updating it.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Pre-approval site down - 02/06/2021 11:29 AM

Looks like it's back up....aaaannnnd...it looks the same "Last updated January 26th"
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Pre-approval site down - 02/06/2021 12:31 PM

Amazing. Glad it is back up as this had disaster written all over it for those who needed the forms.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Pre-approval site down - 02/06/2021 12:51 PM

Yep, back up with no updates mad
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Pre-approval site down - 02/06/2021 01:42 PM

A post on another forum says they got to the last step and got an error 500.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Pre-approval site down - 02/06/2021 01:46 PM

Elaine--so, in essence it's still down??

I can't think that they took it down to make the changes about 120 hours, as they should NOT be taking it down to make repairs on a Friday night/Saturday morning, considering Saturday is the highest day of travel, always! I have to think it just crashed.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Pre-approval site down - 02/06/2021 01:57 PM

Don't know. Nothing from government. Just Jeff's note posted above.
Posted By: murphycpcu

Re: Pre-approval site down - 02/06/2021 02:58 PM

We are leaving tomorrow. We have negative test results. What is a pre approval letter?
Posted By: BillDauterive

Re: Pre-approval site down - 02/06/2021 03:06 PM

You need to apply to visit the island. Use THIS WEBSITE. You'll need to supply all travel details, including passport numbers. Negative test results need to be provided as well. Apply separately for each person.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Pre-approval site down - 02/06/2021 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by murphycpcu
We are leaving tomorrow. We have negative test results. What is a pre approval letter?

Good luck if you're just finding out about this now. No approval letter, no boarding.
Posted By: TinaOysterBay

Re: Pre-approval site down - 02/06/2021 06:11 PM

Murphycpcu, also make sure you use a different email address for each person you are applying for to lessen the chance of glitches. The government will send you an email each day asking you to report your temperature, which I think is why unique email addresses for each traveler work best. And if you are getting down to the wire and do not have your pre-approval letter, one of the other threads on here had a number people were calling. We received ours within 60 minutes for one departure, and within 3 hours for the other. Good luck!
Posted By: murphycpcu

Re: Pre-approval site down - 02/06/2021 06:43 PM

My bad, I forgot about that form. We used it to get on the island so all good.

This place needs people to visit. Sad.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline