royal palm beach 2021

Posted By: traveler88

royal palm beach 2021 - 02/10/2021 12:25 AM

hello
can anyone post pictures of the new renovated Royal Palm Beach resort
thank you in advance
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/10/2021 12:35 AM

Hi. The name of the resort is Royal Palm, singular, so I have changed your title to say that.

I have seen some pictures online of RP and they are underwhelming, to me. White appliances, and very plain furniture and furnishings. I think if you go to the RP website, there should be pictures. It's a shame what Diamond has done to Royal Palm, downgrading the facilities and simultaneously raising the AMF through the roof.

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/10/2021 12:39 AM

thank you i will try your suggestion
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/10/2021 03:33 AM

I beg to differ. I've seen pictures that people have posted staying there and it is far from underwhelming. Quite nice.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/10/2021 01:58 PM

A couple of weeks ago we went on a walk on the beach side to check it out but got sent away by security before pics taken. The beach/pool/bar area was not finished but didn't look far from completion. The street side was worker vehicles

We were asked by security if we were staying at RP and we said SBR so he told us we can't walk on the beach in front...so we left. Never had that happen before at any resort

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/10/2021 02:07 PM

Scubaman--I know that you have to support Diamond, regardless of what they do, but I have seen MANY comments from other 'owners' that echo mine.

boucharda--that's technically illegal under Sint Maarten law, I believe. The beach is public.

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/10/2021 02:18 PM

Pictures of Royal Palm are here at this link, from their website.
Link

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/10/2021 03:36 PM

thank you for the link
we are trying to get to the island but the gods are against us
they cancelled all flights from Canada till end of April
they made it more difficult to come back with the new test, three day quarantine stay at a hotel than a further 14 day quarantine at home also now you have to provide a negative test with in 72 hrs when you cross a land boarder or be fined
just hope we can make it to the island on October

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/10/2021 03:42 PM

Yes, even more tough to get to SXM from Canada, versus the US. Hopefully you can make it later in the year.

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/10/2021 04:13 PM

Looking at pictures on web site I see nothing that looks bad. All new everything.

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/10/2021 04:29 PM

It's all new and it's cheap looking. White appliances???

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/10/2021 04:45 PM

White appliances are a lot easier to take care of. They looked into SS for both resorts and found those are more prone to staining and rust in a salt water atmosphere. We have SS at home and it does take special cleaners to keep them nice looking. I guess if people don't like it just don't stay there.

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/10/2021 06:03 PM

White appliances are cheaper. All the furniture and furnishings look cheap.

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/10/2021 06:28 PM

Really hard to tell from the pictures. Contacts that I've communicated with are quite satisficed with it all. Good enough for me.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/10/2021 07:26 PM

I’ll agree with Scuba. They look fine to me.
They are rebuilding from a cat 5 in a pandemic.
‘If’ they are cheap it would be understandable if some corners were cut.
We’re not timeshare buyers but I’d rather have inexpensive replaced often than old, moldy and threadbare.

I like black and fake stainless appliances. White is better than SS is a PITA.
Posted By: pat

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/10/2021 07:38 PM

I've got no pony in this race but I've been told by owners, both timeshare owners and whole owners, the remodeled property as it's been redone is not of the quality they originally purchased and they are very disappointed. In some cases, changes were made whereby the units are much less than the owners once had. I think Scuba is correct regarding stainless steel as opposed to white appliances, particularly in a sea air location, so I get that, but in general my friends feel the units are not what they originally purchased and for the common charges they pay, they are in fact, very disappointed in their redone units.
Posted By: EdB

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/10/2021 09:28 PM

As a time share owner myself, I looked at the pictures...and think the remodel of Royal Palm has never looked better. May not be the most luxurious kitchens and furniture, but the wood cabinests....the granite countertops....the FULL SIZE refrigerators and ranges, the microwave hoods all look pretty good.to me...and would be very happy to stay there if it wasn't for my ownership at LaPlage. Timeshare resorts ARE NOT THE RITZ!!! Clean, up do date, good staff and amenities is what most are looking for. Surely you will not get LaSamanna or Ritz living and accomodations, without paying LaSamana and Ritz pricing. I bet well over ninetyfive percent of the people that trade into their, and the owners that had aging, tired accomodations will be thrilled to see their ''new home''. Even people that are using it as a hotel, would be happy to get such nice things. And...the view speaks for itself.
Posted By: Todd

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/10/2021 10:11 PM

Looks dated already, but as stated tough to tell by the pictures. I would note I don't think any of the timeshares have really done a great job in a remodel or updating.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/10/2021 10:54 PM

Those amenities you mention were ALL there prior to the remodel. I have read of multiple complaints regarding the cabinets and depth of some of the storage.
Posted By: CLIFFTOPS

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/10/2021 11:36 PM

You guys constantly are beating up the Royal Palm and Scubaman comments in support of the place.
It is apparent he and others are happy with this timeshare.
The post asked for pictures of the Royal Palm and not everyone’s opinion.

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/11/2021 12:35 AM

Clifftops--because he supports them regardless of what they do, like not reopening the resort for 3.5 YEARS post Irma, meanwhile charging by far the highest AMF of any t/s resort in SXM. And I did post a link to the pictures.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/11/2021 12:41 AM

Well yes you did Carol.

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/11/2021 12:46 AM

Not really. There have been issues I wasn't happy with and have expressed those issues with management when needed.

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/11/2021 10:10 AM

CLIFFTOPS...while I did not post any pictures, I was contributing to a conversation about Royal Palm. I know several timeshare owners and also a couple of whole owners there and have stayed there probably 20 or so times over the past 25+ years. From the standard 2 bedroom unit a 6th floor penthouse unit so I think I can speak with some authority with regard to Royal Palm. Over that timespan there has been at least 2 and I think 3 (or more) timeshare management companies.

It has the potential to be one of the very nicest resorts on the island. Between the lengthy rebuild (less than 12 months can be blamed on Covid, the rest is ALL on Diamond Resorts), the total mismanagement of the pool bar, restaurant, lounge and many other shortcomings, it leaves a lot to be desired. Considering the higher than most maintenance fees, one would expect things to be almost perfect. I would not have any problem staying there again but I also know what to expect and what not to expect.

I am not a timeshare owner nor would I ever see that being the case. I am glad others make the choice to own as that has provided me MANY opportunities to rent from them. Many times the rental is very near the maintenance fee and I am not locked into a particular week nor do I have the initial cash outlay.

Not everyone is happy with Royal Palm or Flamingo but then many are. All one has to do is read some associated social media sites pertaining to these properties and one will find a lot of disgusted people who are simply walking away from their timeshare.

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/11/2021 04:21 PM

Here are some pictures and comments posted on Jeff Bergers site for people that belong to it.
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10215840528284400&set=pcb.10157964168841367

If you open posters page you'll see the comments too.

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/11/2021 08:13 PM

And if one is NOT a member of Berger's facebook group, they can not view the pictures. Private/closed group.

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/11/2021 08:27 PM

Correct.
Posted By: Bigdaddy

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/11/2021 08:53 PM

I wouldn't judge the quality of an appliance by its color.
Posted By: Todd

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/12/2021 12:42 AM

This is the same guy that took a cup of coffee back and demanded a refund or he would use his power to hurt the business? I am laughing.........that people follow him.
Posted By: CLIFFTOPS

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/12/2021 01:25 AM

LOL!,,,

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/12/2021 10:17 AM

Same here.
Posted By: RI Bob C

Re: royal palm beach 2021 - 02/12/2021 02:00 PM

Fellow Rhode Islander many years back.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline