TravelTalkOnline

Airport Meeting

Posted By: ruralcarrier

Airport Meeting - 02/16/2021 10:35 AM

They really need to get their act together. 3.5 years post Irma, it is still not finished and the bickering continues. Covid issues aside, this can only be blamed on the government of the island and the operating and holding company of the airport. What else can they do to screw with the economy and lifeblood of the local residents?

DAILY HERALD LINK
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Airport Meeting - 02/16/2021 11:41 AM

Fancy, custome terminal bldg just made it expensive/hard to fix, keep it simple and easy to fix with standard off the shelf stuff.

Re: Airport Meeting - 02/16/2021 11:52 AM

Correct, get it fixed and 100% operable and do NOT worry about putting the carousel there, like they have either done or are going to do. What a glaring example of ineptness, waste and probably some corruption along the way.
Posted By: Tonythepilot

Re: Airport Meeting - 02/16/2021 12:23 PM

Yes, it's a shame the terminal is not done yet. On the other hand, rebuilding Club O has not even begun. Everything is relative.

Re: Airport Meeting - 02/16/2021 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tonythepilot
Yes, it's a shame the terminal is not done yet. On the other hand, rebuilding Club O has not even begun. Everything is relative.

True but two very different examples and on different sides of the island, therefore different hoops to jump through.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Airport Meeting - 02/16/2021 04:01 PM

Another PJIA article.Link

Re: Airport Meeting - 02/16/2021 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by SXMScubaman
Another PJIA article.Link

I would expect him to say nothing less, just more blah, blah, blah.
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: Airport Meeting - 02/17/2021 12:19 AM

Just another smoke screen. To many political leaders looking to profit and the Dutch not gonna allow it. Most are clueless or could careless about the long term impact. Sad for the island of the lack of any urgency but I guess that’s typical.
Posted By: Kennys

Re: Airport Meeting - 02/17/2021 01:28 PM

J.D , Mr. Brian Mingo is doing his job properly and he is a local.

Re: Airport Meeting - 02/17/2021 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Kennys
J.D , Mr. Brian Mingo is doing his job properly and he is a local.

Local or not, WHY is it taking so long?

Re: Airport Meeting - 02/18/2021 01:11 AM

Its being worked on and we live here and this our Country Bro.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Airport Meeting - 02/18/2021 01:54 AM

Your islands economy depends on tourism. Not having PJIA in full operation discourages some visitors with airlines not being handled.

Re: Airport Meeting - 02/18/2021 10:22 AM

Correct, it also reduces capacity and IF it were not for Covid, tourism could well be at full or near full capacity and the airport would still be lagging behind and hindering the economy and hurting locals. Their country, I guess they can live with the consequences.

Re: Airport Meeting - 02/18/2021 12:52 PM

Well we all have to die one day lol.
Posted By: CLIFFTOPS

Re: Airport Meeting - 02/18/2021 01:13 PM

Kenny
I know you get annoyed by the naysayers on this board as respects the actions going on in your country.
They always seem to be negative of most things happening with the government whether it deals with its infrastructure or its handling of the Covid crisis.
However they are not willing to make the sacrifices at this time to visit your country and support it with their tourism dollars.
Hopefully you are aware that there are also many who support and are positive about SXM.

Re: Airport Meeting - 02/18/2021 01:31 PM

Thanks Clifftops for coming out and saying just what you said . I'm aware of this however will not run under a rock . And you know what , that way back we were suppose to live in the US because our Mom while alive filed our papers , but we misplaced it and never worry because our two children went to Toronto . I have two sisters and two brothers in the US from way back. That's life and our Daughter is getting marry in September.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline