TravelTalkOnline

Trip Report - Day 2 Mullet Bay and Ristorante Pizzeria GC

Posted By: barryvabeach

Trip Report - Day 2 Mullet Bay and Ristorante Pizzeria GC - 02/28/2021 12:41 AM

We got a little bit of a late start, but got to Mullet Bay around 11. Met Chester in the parking lot, which was mostly empty, and he walked with us to 2 chairs on the right looking towards the ocean. He was wearing a mask, and had a disinfectant that he sprayed on the chairs. 2 chairs and umbrella $15. I read earlier that there was some concern about spacing. Definitely not as close together as last year, but probably around 4 feet between sets of chairs - not 6, at least not where we were. Ate at Rosies and had the cheeseburgers, which were fine. I know people rave about the ribs, but once you are used to a slow smoked ribs, ribs on a grill don't have the same appeal - at least to me. We left around 3:30 and the parking lot was pretty full. Chester said it had been quite slow of late, but they heard that more flights would be landing in a few weeks and he was hopeful.

We had planned to go to a window counter pizza place at the north end of Grand Case - I think it is called Olympia, there is seating for 4 in front of the counter, but no indoor seating , or waitresses. It was closed, As was Bistro Caribes- there was loud music on the beach near the Lolo's , so that might have something to do with it.

We ended up at Ristorante Pizzeria - where Piazza Pascal was. My wife had the chef special, gorgonzola, pistachio , honey ravioli that she said was to die for. I had their pizza. The chef is from Milan, so it was not a Neapolitan style, which is a soft thin crust, with a puffy rim, but it had good char on the bottom , a thin crust with a little chew. Service up to that point was good, though there were only 5 people upstairs in the restaurant. We ordered dessert, and that took about 30 minutes, it was okay, but not worth the wait - it was a calzone with nutella and banana filing.

Description: Mullet Bay
Attached picture mullet.jpg

Description: ravioli at Ristorante Pizzeria
Attached picture ravioli.jpg
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Trip Report - Day 2 Mullet Bay and Ristorante Pizzeria GC - 02/28/2021 12:45 AM

Ah, thanks. That pic of Mullet looks like a perfect day!!! Funny that they put disinfectant on the chairs and they weren't six feet apart.. Regardless, 4 feet is much better than recent times...
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Trip Report - Day 2 Mullet Bay and Ristorante Pizzeria GC - 02/28/2021 08:12 PM

Sounds delicious. Maybe we’ll try that later this week.
Posted By: pony600

Re: Trip Report - Day 2 Mullet Bay and Ristorante Pizzeria GC - 03/02/2021 02:43 PM

Bistrot Caraibes is closed on Saturdays if that is the night you tried.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline