TravelTalkOnline

Proof of vaccination

Posted By: GettingThere

Proof of vaccination - 03/06/2021 09:03 PM

Considering a trip to Sxm next month. We will all 4 be vaccinated with recommended time for maximum antibodies. Friends have had Covid and will likely test positive for some time. I believe I read previously of consideration of proof of vaccination in lieu of testing. Can anyone shed light on this?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Proof of vaccination - 03/06/2021 09:34 PM

If your question is whether proof of vaccination will be substituted for a test, the answer is NO, as of now anyway.
Posted By: MamaB

Re: Proof of vaccination - 03/06/2021 09:35 PM

I would doubt it. Being vaccinated only protects you. You could still spread the virus and it's possible to get a mild case of covid.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Proof of vaccination - 03/06/2021 10:02 PM

I believe a couple of states (I forget but maybe Maine and NY) have eliminated the need for testing if you have had both vaccine shots. Maybe this will catch on but as of now no dice...
Posted By: Sknau

Re: Proof of vaccination - 03/06/2021 10:12 PM

Your friends can have antigen testing and that will be negative if they don’t have a new infection. PCR testing can detect virus fragments which are not infectious for weeks and wouldn’t be a good idea if they have had recent infection. I am in the trenches daily and that’s accurate information.
Posted By: IslandBoi

Re: Proof of vaccination - 03/06/2021 10:18 PM

i was hoping that all/most SXM residents would get the vaccine before our end of May trip, so that possibly the testing requirements would be relaxed, and proof of vaccine would suffice for travelers...but hearing how the vaccination of the residents is going so slowly with many not wanting to be vaccinated, i see it pretty unlikely it will happen
Posted By: Mikel

Re: Proof of vaccination - 03/06/2021 10:57 PM

My wife and I each passed PCR tests at 24 and 28 days respectively from symptom onset. Seems it depends on how serious your virus was.
Posted By: bizzottom

Re: Proof of vaccination - 03/07/2021 02:58 PM

what are the odds of testing positive after having the virus more than 2 months...Just asking for a friend
Posted By: Mikel

Re: Proof of vaccination - 03/07/2021 04:19 PM

My wife and I each tested negative less than a month from the start of symptoms. Seems like I read that if you had a very severe case of the virus, you could test positive for up to 3 months. Also, if you get a rapid test, there is much less possibility of testing positive. The PCR test are more sensitive to residual virus activity.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline