TravelTalkOnline

Covid testing ON Sint Maarten/St. Martin

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Covid testing ON Sint Maarten/St. Martin - 03/08/2021 02:21 PM

So, I thought I would try to compile a list of the places where you can get Covid testing for your return to the States (or Canada, if anyone from Canada can come now??) ( And please don't suggest that we try to make a list of places doing testing to ARRIVE in SXM, as that would literally be thousands and thousands! duh

If you are aware of a place that does testing on either side of the island, I would like to make a list of them with information. You do not have to have had a test there, but in person experience is always appreciated. If possible, please provide as much of the following information as you can:

Name of Facility
Website and/or Phone Number
Appointment or walk in
Comments/feedback

Travelers in the future will be very thankful for your input!

Re: Covid testing ON Sint Maarten/St. Martin - 03/08/2021 03:13 PM

I found this one from Kim. Anyone have any experience with this one?

Name of Facility -------- Medwork
Website and/or Phone Number -------- LINK
Location -------- 2nd floor of Puerto del Sol Plaza, near Avantika
Price -------- Antigen test is $70; PCR is $125
Appointment or walk in ---------- Appointments available online
Comments/feedback
Posted By: kim

Re: Covid testing ON Sint Maarten/St. Martin - 03/08/2021 03:32 PM

I’m scheduled for next week! I’ll report back!
Posted By: ChivalrousJr

Re: Covid testing ON Sint Maarten/St. Martin - 03/08/2021 03:44 PM

Good morning, all:

Here is where we tested at the end of February:

Name: SLS
Website (has the phone:) http://www.sls.sx/index.php/covid-19/
Location: Dutch side, by the hospital on Hamster Drive (Google Maps friendly address provided in confirmation e-mail.) Impossible to miss on Hamster Drive though.
Price: $75 PCR
Appointment: Required - request by e-mail (explained on Website) prescreening@sls.sx
Comments: See below from my recent Trip Review.

To request an appointment, one only needs to send an e-mail to - prescreening@sls.sx – with the requested information. The e-mail address and the information that needs to be provided is clearly explained at the following link: http://www.sls.sx/index.php/covid-19/ . We e-mailed our request for a Thursday test on Wednesday morning. By Wednesday afternoon (somewhere between 12PM and 1PM,) we had a reply with confirmation. The testing site is near the hospital on the Dutch side (Hamster Dr - address is provided in the confirmation e-mail.) They do PCR testing for $75US – cash or credit-card. Testing is scheduled from 7:30AM to 8:30AM. They do insert the swab a fair distance up the right nostril – FYI.

Cheers,
S&M

Re: Covid testing ON Sint Maarten/St. Martin - 03/08/2021 03:47 PM

Chivalrous and Kim--thanks! Will start compiling the list and put in a sticky when I get a couple more responses, hopefully! smile
Posted By: Karl John

Re: Covid testing ON Sint Maarten/St. Martin - 03/08/2021 04:02 PM

Used their service during recent stay. In and out in less than 10 minutes, results emailed within 45 minutes. I would recommend and use again.

Re: Covid testing ON Sint Maarten/St. Martin - 03/08/2021 04:03 PM

Karl John--just want to be clear, you are referring to Medwork??

Re: Covid testing ON Sint Maarten/St. Martin - 03/08/2021 05:59 PM

duh Just found a section on the SXM website that lists all the info!!! duh No need to re-invent the wheel!!

Link
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Covid testing ON Sint Maarten/St. Martin - 03/08/2021 06:01 PM

Maybe put that link on a sticky.

Re: Covid testing ON Sint Maarten/St. Martin - 03/08/2021 06:03 PM

I just did, editing the sticky post with the entrance website.

The only 'rub' is that the Sint Maarten website does NOT list any test sites on the French side, just Dutch side.
Posted By: bdeeley

Re: Covid testing ON Sint Maarten/St. Martin - 03/08/2021 07:59 PM

PCR test facilities. On the French side

Louis Constant Fleming Hospital drive - Concordia
Red Cross drive - Hope Estate
Biopôle Antilles laboratory – Hope Estate.

Re: Covid testing ON Sint Maarten/St. Martin - 03/08/2021 08:26 PM

Hi bdeeley--Do you have contact information or websites for any of the above?
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Covid testing ON Sint Maarten/St. Martin - 03/08/2021 08:59 PM

Can you get tested on the Frenchside if you are a tourist on the Dutchside... ?
Posted By: Steve Bond

Re: Covid testing ON Sint Maarten/St. Martin - 03/08/2021 10:24 PM

I have seen some very positive comments on MedWork in some FB groups. We are in SXM in 2 weeks and have made appointments with them for our return to the States.

Re: Covid testing ON Sint Maarten/St. Martin - 03/08/2021 11:39 PM

Certainly, you can get tested on the French side, regardless of where you are staying.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: Covid testing ON Sint Maarten/St. Martin - 03/08/2021 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
duh Just found a section on the SXM website that lists all the info!!! duh No need to re-invent the wheel!!

Link

Thanks--good to know.
I guess no rapid test, if you are traveling on a Tuesday?

If the results are emailed to you, do they need printing, since some of us may not have that option?

Re: Covid testing ON Sint Maarten/St. Martin - 03/09/2021 12:35 AM

Don't have an idea regarding Tuesday.

Regarding the results, YES, you should have them printed out, to be safe. I think if you get creative, you could definitely get it printed out, regardless of where you are staying. I presume that the Mailbox in Simpson Bay is still open? If so, you could print out there. Or, most any resort should be able to print it out for you also.

Re: Covid testing ON Sint Maarten/St. Martin - 03/09/2021 03:03 PM

Don't have an idea regarding Tuesday.

Regarding the results, YES, you should have them printed out, to be safe. I think if you get creative, you could definitely get it printed out, regardless of where you are staying. I presume that the Mailbox in Simpson Bay is still open? If so, you could print out there. Or, most any resort should be able to print it out for you also.

I was looking at the times, listed at the places for tests, that you posted, and they are only open Monday through Friday. (One Saturday Morning)
If, you are planning on leaving on a Tuesday, it seems that you won't be able to do the rapid test.

We are still at BSV......

I think the whole process is just getting a little frustrating.
Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Re: Covid testing ON Sint Maarten/St. Martin - 03/09/2021 03:30 PM

Here is what I found for the French side. There is an additional link, but my computer said it wasn't secure, so I didn't click on it.

https://www.st-martin.org/us/covid-19/pcr-test-facilities?dt=1615303674473

Re: Covid testing ON Sint Maarten/St. Martin - 03/09/2021 03:49 PM

Terri--BSV used to have a printer right by the office. Is it no longer there?

And Saturday morning is ok for testing, for leaving on Tuesday. Ignore the day you are traveling and count backwards three days. The US testing requirement is DAYS, not hours, so you don't need to worry about times..

Re: Covid testing ON Sint Maarten/St. Martin - 03/09/2021 05:53 PM

Terri--BSV used to have a printer right by the office. Is it no longer there?

And Saturday morning is ok for testing, for leaving on Tuesday. Ignore the day you are traveling and count backwards three days. The US testing requirement is DAYS, not hours, so you don't need to worry about times..

Thank-you, Carol.

It's been a while since I've been in the office, but with everything going on, I'm sure they will be helpful
about printing results. I was just thinking weekend--or overthinking. lol

Re: Covid testing ON Sint Maarten/St. Martin - 03/09/2021 06:01 PM

Like i said, I think the printer is still there. If it's not, please post here, as others may well need to use it also.
Posted By: vacanakey

Re: Covid testing ON Sint Maarten/St. Martin - 03/09/2021 06:57 PM

At SLS any idea if we can submit testing request for both wife and I on one email? Would we need two separate email addresses or can we make both requests using one email?
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Covid testing ON Sint Maarten/St. Martin - 03/10/2021 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by vacanakey
At SLS any idea if we can submit testing request for both wife and I on one email? Would we need two separate email addresses or can we make both requests using one email?

We submitted with one email. Appointment for us 8 am on the 11th.
Posted By: vacanakey

Re: Covid testing ON Sint Maarten/St. Martin - 03/10/2021 04:15 PM

Thank you Ron Don...appreciate the info!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline