TravelTalkOnline

COVID test

Posted By: RonDon

COVID test - 03/11/2021 07:49 PM

Had 8am appointment at SLS. Decided for some unknown reason to get there at 730 I do not exaggerate over 100 people waiting, no place to park. Local woman called police because people standing around made her dogs bark.

We were given number slips like at the deli counter and hubby said 21 isn’t bad...until they called 56. Went to security asked if we missed our number and he said that when they reach 100 it will start again with #1.

One person in each party goes in when number called gives passports for all in their party, pays $75 each then we wait until our name is called. 1032am they swabbed my nose. Shortly after hubby was done.

Whew a long and wasted morning.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: COVID test - 03/11/2021 07:56 PM

Wow, that is not good. Did you get your results yet?
Posted By: kim

Re: COVID test - 03/11/2021 07:59 PM

Where is SLS? Hope this isn’t the place I made an appointment for. Near AdvantikA 😳
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: COVID test - 03/11/2021 08:01 PM

Unless this changes I will not be going to SXM anytime soon....

Re: COVID test - 03/11/2021 08:08 PM

Link
for testing on island. The one near Avantika is Medwork.
Posted By: kim

Re: COVID test - 03/11/2021 08:14 PM

Ok thanks! Wasn’t sure if all were SLS just different locations. I’m not a patient waiter!!!
Posted By: Kennys

Re: COVID test - 03/11/2021 08:19 PM

Sorry to hear about the hassle that you Folks had. Kind regards.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: COVID test - 03/11/2021 08:53 PM

...and this is a choice made instead of the SBR or the Red Cross testing site? I don't get it....
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: COVID test - 03/11/2021 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by sxmmartini

Just a step you need to do. I have a feeling when more have the vaccine the US won't require this to return home.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: COVID test - 03/11/2021 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by sxmmartini

Others have reported completely different experiences; I think this poster just chose the wrong testing site.
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: COVID test - 03/11/2021 11:45 PM

We went to the same site twice on our recent trip and had pleasurable experience both times. They are probably busier for weekend flight deadlines , which was not our case.
Posted By: bbeach

Re: COVID test - 03/12/2021 11:25 AM

We had ours done yesterday at medwork made appointment online , showed up a little early checked in at office then were told to wait outside until called, we sat in the chairs for Atvantica and waited for our time we were both called in separate and finished our tests and received negative emails in 2 1/2 hrs. Very professional staff and system.

Re: COVID test - 03/12/2021 02:44 PM

Thanks for the report. Medwork seems to be doing a decent job. It actually makes a lot more sense to me, what they are doing, scheduling specific times, versus what the place were RonDon went, where they were scheduling everyone between 8 and 9 in the morning, apparently.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline