TravelTalkOnline

Is Dinghy Dock Open for business?

Posted By: sxmbeachlover

Is Dinghy Dock Open for business? - 03/23/2021 06:31 PM

We went to the Dinghy Dock several years ago when our flight from Grand Case to St. Barts was cancelled due to high winds. We met the American owner, a very nice man who helped us contact our villa owner in St Barts. We had lunch and spent a few hours there and really enjoyed the live music and the vibe, while waiting for the ferry. Is it open right now? Has anyone been there lately? Got to try their ribs!
Posted By: WVTCTE

Re: Is Dinghy Dock Open for business? - 03/23/2021 06:40 PM

Are you talking about the one in Simpson Bay Area?
Posted By: Bigdaddy

Re: Is Dinghy Dock Open for business? - 03/23/2021 08:04 PM

Seth owns them both. The one in Oyster Pond is still closed. He has posted some things on this board but I don't know how to reach him.
Posted By: WVTCTE

Re: Is Dinghy Dock Open for business? - 03/24/2021 01:31 AM

Well the one in Simpson Bay is open, we were there yesterday, service was so bad we left
Posted By: sxmParrotfish

Re: Is Dinghy Dock Open for business? - 03/24/2021 01:35 AM

Hi beachlover. We went to the Dinghy Dock many times during our most recent trip ( returned to US Feb 12) . Had the ribs ( and other items) during Seth’s Super Bowl Party. They were great imo. I have no reason to think they wouldn’t be open now. Seth is there most of the time. Highly recommend stopping in. As mentioned by other posters, only the Simpson Bay location is open.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Is Dinghy Dock Open for business? - 03/24/2021 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by WVTCTE
Well the one in Simpson Bay is open, we were there yesterday, service was so bad we left

That was our experience twice in 2019. Will never go back for a third time bad experience.
Posted By: SXMBND

Re: Is Dinghy Dock Open for business? - 03/24/2021 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by WVTCTE

Ditto this February......and we were the only patrons. Food was nothing to talk about either. We're done.
Posted By: Bigdaddy

Re: Is Dinghy Dock Open for business? - 03/24/2021 08:42 PM

You guys have summed it up well. Fact is I don't think Seth gives a rat's [censored] what people think. There used to be a black guy named Alan who worked there. I ordered a vodka on the rocks and he barely made the botton of the glass wet. He later asked if we wanted another round and I pointed to the female(can't remember her name) and said I wanted her to make it and he called me a racist. The shot glass size wine glasses he uses for poor quality red wine for $7.50 a glass is also a show stopper.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Is Dinghy Dock Open for business? - 03/24/2021 09:05 PM

Seth does have an attitude.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline