TravelTalkOnline

And the last FULL DAY in the books

Posted By: EdB

And the last FULL DAY in the books - 04/03/2021 04:09 AM

Feeling a bit sad tonight....Starting to get the withrawals already. Spent a lovely day once again with all our friends from LeString. Weather was perfect, the beach was the cleanest it's been in three weeks, with VERY LITTLE seaweed in the waters. John Henry raked the LeString beach area yesterday, so without a doubt one of if not the CLEANEST places to be on Orient. Had a wonderful lunch once again, Ordered something i usually don't do, and that was a fresh made pasta with clams. OMG, it was fantastic. I think they put in at least a hundred clams (maybe a little exagerated), with the most incredable sauce i ever tasted. This new chef is wonderful, friendly, and just plain FANTASTIC. Thanks to all, who made us feel so special the last three weeks. Can't wait to be back next year. Also, thanks to our new friends Beht and Steve, Really enjoyed your friendship.

On that note, tonight we dined at Beirut, on Beths recomendation. Now for many many years, we have driven by Beirut, but never stopped in, until tonight. Both of us enjoyed our kebobs, salad, fries, and conch fritter appetizer. Food was great, service was great, and very reasonably priced to boot. As we were leaving around 10, a gentleman started to perform. I think that was a bit late, since by that time it seemed pretty quiet, and most were gone by then. Oh well.....

Now, just packing up, and getting ready for the flight back to reality tomorrow afternoon. Checked with AA, and it looks like it is gong to be another FULL plane tomorrow. After seeing what the lines were coming in three weeks ago, looks like it is going to be the same lines leaving. I hope i am wrong. My wife and I did make the judgement call for next year, we arrive a day or two early. Worth spending a night or two in a hotel, to avoid the long lines again. We;ll see how it goes.

It's been fun taking you all on vacation with us. Will report once more of our experiences tommorow.

More to come? I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE.
Posted By: doctorj

Re: And the last FULL DAY in the books - 04/03/2021 11:08 AM

EdB,
Thanks for sharing.
Safe travels and carib cheers,
doctorj
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: And the last FULL DAY in the books - 04/03/2021 12:23 PM

Yes, thanks very much for taking us along on your journey. Safe travels home.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: And the last FULL DAY in the books - 04/03/2021 12:26 PM

We always depart on Friday to avoid the Saturday chaos at the airport. Having three weeks, leaving a day early doesn't seem that much of a sacrifice to us. This year, just because Saturday air fares were three times those of Thursday, we're arriving a couple of days early.
Posted By: jollymonsrv

Re: And the last FULL DAY in the books - 04/03/2021 12:59 PM

Like the way you think 👍
Posted By: pat

Re: And the last FULL DAY in the books - 04/03/2021 01:14 PM

Ed,

On behalf of all of us who have appreciated your trip, thank you for taking us along. It’s been informative, well written and thoroughly enjoyable. Wishing you safe travels.on your journey home.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: And the last FULL DAY in the books - 04/03/2021 03:02 PM

Same here. After 4 weeks we'll be leaving on a Friday too. One day at that point isn't a big deal. Course getting FC for 15,000 miles verses 60,000 helped with that decision too.
Posted By: The_Lurker

Re: And the last FULL DAY in the books - 04/03/2021 05:37 PM

Thanks Ed--it has been fun!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline