TravelTalkOnline

Saturday Already

Posted By: The_Lurker

Saturday Already - 04/17/2021 12:22 PM

Bring your thermometers. We received emails both yesterday and today. In fact more than one on both days. It started the 3rd morning.

Our dinner plans and all our plans are a little different this trip. Wait and see is the theme. Lol

Do not head to The Greenhouse unless you check out their specials nights. Last night was the lobster special, and the place was packed at 6 . We had just split a crepe for lunch, so we went early. We will go back!!

We walked over to Lee’s. We were the only table, since it was so early, and a Loud group of men (8 or 9) walked in and were seated right next to us!!! They out shouted any group of kids!
I know, we should have moved.

I’m a little fussy about Covid rules and really like masks worn by the cooks, so I was not too happy about the experience there. I’m not trying to give them a bad review, it was just our personal likes and dislikes. I’m sure it is terribly uncomfortable cooking in a mask.
The waiters had masks and a hand sanitizer was there upon walking in. The dinners were large portions !!!! Very good and tons of coconut shrimp!!

Please excuse any mistakes, I’m using my phone to post photos.

Attached picture 81EBCA9F-0C58-4A17-B78E-C0A9FFDBD02C.jpeg
Attached picture 4A6AEC0E-339B-421C-9707-CCEE36AD09F2.jpeg
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Saturday Already - 04/17/2021 03:10 PM

Good to know about getting to the Greenhouse early for those specials.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Saturday Already - 04/17/2021 03:52 PM

interesting fact about the greenhouse. On lobster night...they use frozen lobster tails. They sell a ton. We went to the greenhouse on a prime rib night, not knowing that if we didnt have a slice saved for us, that we would have little or no chance of getting a slice when we showed up. That night, they had grilled lobster on the menu, which we were told is FRESH, not frozen. It was fantastic!!! Best dinner i could've had, even though i was craving the prime rib.
Posted By: zeus1963

Re: Saturday Already - 04/17/2021 05:23 PM

Haven't been there in a few years. Will definitely go there this trip.

Re: Saturday Already - 04/17/2021 08:11 PM

We enjoy The Greenhouse—-will definitely go back.
We aren’t big lobster or steak eaters, but enjoy many things on their menu.

Re: Saturday Already - 04/18/2021 11:11 AM

Yesterday, Saturday, we visited The Divi. It was the first time and we enjoyed the beach and lunch at Gizmos.
The water was calm, but the sand is very hot there. I guess it’s the darker color . Not an issue, just an observation.

Saturday night was back to Vesna Taverna for their Greek night. It was excellent and talking to Vesna and our waitress was a pleasure.
I forgot to take a picture of the Greek platter and almost asked the people near us to take one of theirs. Lol

Attached picture A6EB09CB-9B1D-49E3-9449-3B209387A55A.jpeg
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Saturday Already - 04/18/2021 12:24 PM

I have never been there. It's funny they have a Greek night. Isn't their food Greek all the time?? Shows you what I know!
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Saturday Already - 04/18/2021 12:28 PM

Not at all. Here's a sample of their menu https://www.vesnataverna.com/menu
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Saturday Already - 04/18/2021 12:42 PM

OK, thanks.

Re: Saturday Already - 04/18/2021 05:51 PM

Thanks Elaine!
I love their grouper.
Posted By: blackmercedes

Re: Saturday Already - 04/19/2021 02:07 AM

We think we have all of our ducks in a row for tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope to meet you guys on the weekend!!

Re: Saturday Already - 04/19/2021 11:53 AM

Hope all goes well!!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline