TravelTalkOnline

CDC passport

Posted By: DICKG

CDC passport - 04/26/2021 01:43 PM

I just heard that the EU is moving toward accepting CDC passports for entry to EU countries ,it was a news item on ABC . I know I’m a little hard of hearing did I hear it wrong
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: CDC passport - 04/26/2021 01:45 PM

Sorry, CDC passports? There is no such thing. If you mean, the CDC form showing proof of vaccination, that is possible, I suppose.
Posted By: bluejacket

Re: CDC passport - 04/26/2021 01:58 PM

Macron said that France will progressively lift the restrictions the beginning of May...especially for U.S. citizens who are vaccinated. Here's a LINK to the article.

Hopefully this includes the F.W.I.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: CDC passport - 04/26/2021 02:55 PM

The story said that they would accept travelers who have been vaccinated, so the vaccination cards will be the proof of that. The word passport wasn't used in the story that I saw on NBC. I have to believe that this will become the worldwide norm soon. Hopefully the US government will also see fit to allow vaccinated US citizens to return from abroad without a negative test.
Posted By: IslandBoi

Re: CDC passport - 04/26/2021 06:35 PM

here's an article from the NYT....question is what will be accepted as proof of vaccination for US citizens

EU Entry for the Vaccinated

Re: CDC passport - 04/26/2021 06:54 PM

Can't open NYT article...
Posted By: IslandBoi

Re: CDC passport - 04/26/2021 08:37 PM

weird...worked fine for me...i modified the link, maybe works better now?

Re: CDC passport - 04/26/2021 09:20 PM

I said I’m a little hard of hearing I just figured the CDC proof of shots card that they give would good to use and I called it a passport . I did get something correct at least we are going in the right direction there is hope .

Re: CDC passport - 04/26/2021 11:34 PM

It worked for me this time. Before it said I needed to subscribe..
Posted By: Maria_and_Steve

Re: CDC passport - 04/27/2021 12:23 AM

The NYT is hidden behind a paywall. The first few times accessing is free, then they get you!

Re: CDC passport - 04/27/2021 01:42 PM

I was able to read the article , looks like Greece is one pushing to open to U.S.A which is there main source on revenue, other countries are pushing for the same reason plus we have a high rate of inoculation which is good and getting closer to the percentage we need ,I think it’s 70% may be wrong I also need my glasses to read tough get old ,but still enjoying life .
Posted By: boucharda

Re: CDC passport - 04/27/2021 03:40 PM

The goal is for the EU to approve arrivals by US citizens who have been vaccinated. They do not want it to be a country specific plan....(according to French TV news that I was watching a couple of days ago)
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline