TravelTalkOnline

Check your receipts at Carrefour!

Posted By: Lucky13

Check your receipts at Carrefour! - 05/02/2021 12:59 AM

We visited the Carrefour in Cole Bay the other day to pick up some groceries, and the bill seemed high but I figured grocery prices are high on the island (they are) and maybe I didn’t calculate the NAF to USD correctly. After leaving, we checked our receipt and realized our 2 limes had been rung up as large packages of meat in what I am sure was a Totally Innocent Mistake by the cashier. We went back to the store and showed the receipt to the manager, who refunded the difference. Oddly enough, while we were at customer service, an elderly tourist couple at the same checkout line we used was complaining loudly that they were being overcharged. Hmmm

Like I said, totally innocent mistake. Anyway, if you shop at Carrefour in Cole Bay, I strongly suggest you check your receipt before leaving the cashier, especially if you have items like produce that have to be rung up manually.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Check your receipts at Carrefour! - 05/02/2021 02:03 AM

Thanks for the heads up.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Check your receipts at Carrefour! - 05/02/2021 02:04 PM

Possibly someone new was working. Our first trip to Carrefour is normally a pretty big bill, so we wouldn't notice if something was out of whack, unfortunately, so will try to pay attention. Thanks.
Posted By: doctorj

Re: Check your receipts at Carrefour! - 05/04/2021 11:39 AM

We actually had the same experience years ago when a mistake was made. We were charged for a crate of chicken.
The manager had to refund in cash since it was on our card.
The cashier was new.

Our bill is always high also but this one rocked the charts. We all make mistakes. I felt bad for the cashier.

11 days until wheels down.

carib cheers,
doctorj
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: Check your receipts at Carrefour! - 05/04/2021 12:29 PM

11 Days but who's counting! smile

Re: Check your receipts at Carrefour! - 05/04/2021 02:24 PM

4 for us. Waiting for test results to come back then on to asking for approval.
Posted By: Mchuho

Re: Check your receipts at Carrefour! - 05/04/2021 03:01 PM

Did you get your test at cvs? We did the drive-thru yesterday afternoon and waiting for results.

Re: Check your receipts at Carrefour! - 05/04/2021 03:06 PM

Walgreens.
Posted By: bran

Re: Check your receipts at Carrefour! - 05/04/2021 03:11 PM

Hi Scuba, just found out our local Walgreens now testing. How invasive was yours and what test was it please?

Re: Check your receipts at Carrefour! - 05/04/2021 03:31 PM

Rt-PCR. Drive through and you swap yourself. Need appointment booked online. Say about 2-3 days for results. No charges.
Posted By: Mchuho

Re: Check your receipts at Carrefour! - 05/04/2021 03:54 PM

Wow! That was quick… just got my husbands RT PCR negative results back from cvs… still waiting for mine!
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Check your receipts at Carrefour! - 05/04/2021 03:59 PM

Since this has drifted way off topic, I will close it.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline