TravelTalkOnline

Toppers tonight

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Toppers tonight - 05/15/2021 01:52 AM

Hadn't been to toppers for many years. Went tonight. One and done. Just OK food. Much better to be had on the island.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Toppers tonight - 05/15/2021 10:28 AM

Yep, we never saw the draw.

Re: Toppers tonight - 05/15/2021 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by GaKaye
Yep, we never saw the draw.

I've felt the same about Pineapple Pete but many people rave about it. Guess that's why there's chocolate and vanilla ice cream.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Toppers tonight - 05/15/2021 12:23 PM

Yeah, we never got it either..
Posted By: SammyM

Re: Toppers tonight - 05/15/2021 04:05 PM

Topper's had/has a very good burger, but beyond that it was only so-so. Agree with Scubaman's assessment. Many people who visit St. Maarten tend to return to the same places they have visited in the past, and never take the time to explore the entire island and all the great dining spots that exist on both sides of the island. So, sometimes people overhype certain places without realizing that there may be better options elsewhere.
Posted By: pat

Re: Toppers tonight - 05/15/2021 04:20 PM

Funny thing - many we know love both Pineapple Pete’s and Toppers and we never got the same vibes there but at the same time, we thoroughly enjoy Fat Tony’s and Lee’s and friends shake their heads and don’t get that either. We really like Mark’s and once they’ve been there most tend to agree and enjoy it for what it is.

Re: Toppers tonight - 05/15/2021 05:24 PM

Burger not so great. Had one last night there. Nothing to rave about.
Posted By: Seaisle

Re: Toppers tonight - 05/15/2021 07:16 PM

Always liked Toppers, more for meeting interesting people, not so for the food which is just ok.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Toppers tonight - 05/15/2021 09:35 PM

i havealways loved the brisket at toppers along with the prime rib⁴
Posted By: RI Bob C

Re: Toppers tonight - 05/16/2021 03:04 PM

I have always enjoyed the social aspect of Topper's and the food has always pleased me - nothing fancy, but filling.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline