TravelTalkOnline

Dutch side accommodation

Posted By: bc007

Dutch side accommodation - 05/22/2021 04:36 AM

Hi,

Trying to decide which side to stay for the next visit. Are there any places (one-bedroom condo or hotel) on the Dutch side that allow au natural use of pool? I apologize if this was asked before on the forum. I searched but didn't find anything.

Also, are there still nude snorkel tours on the island?

Thanks!
Posted By: vacanakey

Re: Dutch side accommodation - 05/22/2021 05:23 AM

No hotels/condos on the Dutch side allow nude swimming at their pools that I'm aware of. Your only option would be to rent a villa with pool that is private enough to accomodate private sunbathing au naturel. We found a place in Pelican Key that we'll be staying at on our upcoming trip at the end of the month called Sera Bella. I will post a trip report after we return.

The only nude snorkel trip that I'm aware of is Captain Alan's with Paul, and they are not doing any trips until later in June. Paul is the best!!! Great guy, great time, great people!
Posted By: SXMbeacher

Re: Dutch side accommodation - 05/22/2021 09:50 AM

As far as the c/o cruises go, Residence Adam and Eve or Flag Ship 2 does some also.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Dutch side accommodation - 05/22/2021 10:11 AM

A good guy to talk to would be Craig from Pack Light. He's from Beacon Hill. I believe that he knows of rentals there with pool. http://www.sxm-services.com/packlight/
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Dutch side accommodation - 05/22/2021 02:01 PM

There are no HOTELS on the Dutch side that allow a/n sunbathing. There are some condos that I am aware of. Several people have stated that they have used Craig's house in Beacon Hill au naturel. Google "Baywatch Beacon Hill, SXM" for it on VRBO. Sera Bella is c/o friendly, as are most of the condos in that complex, which is called Pelican Cove, I think. I found one or two villas also over in Oyster Pond that were pretty inexpensive, although I had no desire to stay there in Oyster Pond, so wasn't interested. I'm sure there are a lot of villas which are private enough for a/n, but those are probably over your budget, if I get your drift. I saw another one on VRBO that has a JACUZZI, no pool, that seemed to be c/o friendly. I was only looking for places with private pools. Check out VRBO.
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Dutch side accommodation - 05/22/2021 03:32 PM

Paul & Carol's Place is in Dutch Cul de Sac (near Emilio's) and is naturist friendly. It's small - 3 units - and also budget friendly. Based on positive reviews, we're spending our 2nd week there in July. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_R...g_Sint_Maarten_St_Martin_St_Maarten.html
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Dutch side accommodation - 05/22/2021 03:39 PM

Interesting. Would love to hear about your trip after.
Posted By: bc007

Re: Dutch side accommodation - 05/23/2021 02:22 AM

Thank you guys so much for the information! I'll do more research. Thanks!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline