TravelTalkOnline

Orange Fever at Orient

Posted By: SXMScubaman

Orange Fever at Orient - 05/27/2021 09:15 PM

Had a wonderful day at Orient. Spent the day at Orange Fever on comfortable padded chairs and had wonderful food. Will be going back again.
Posted By: paul2pam

Re: Orange Fever at Orient - 05/27/2021 09:41 PM

How crowded or lack there of was the beach from what use to be Pedros to Coco. If you have pics of the beach area & beach bars please post.

Re: Orange Fever at Orient - 05/27/2021 09:53 PM

Not crowded at all. Walked whole stretch of beach.
Posted By: CaribEagle

Re: Orange Fever at Orient - 05/27/2021 09:56 PM

Our favorite place!
Posted By: CanuckTravlr

Re: Orange Fever at Orient - 05/27/2021 10:13 PM

Sounds idyllic. drinking snore thumbsup
Posted By: LizChelsea

Re: Orange Fever at Orient - 05/27/2021 10:52 PM

Scubaman, we spent the day there on Tuesday, so I will add that the chairs/umbrella were free with lunch and it was 1 for 1 cash. Perfect day, that included parasailing!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Orange Fever at Orient - 05/27/2021 11:15 PM

Thanks for the report. We definitely want to spend at least one day at a beach bar on Orient on our upcoming trip.
Posted By: barryvabeach

Re: Orange Fever at Orient - 05/27/2021 11:58 PM

Hope you got to meet Jean Carlos - he waits there , and at La Villa, is always smiling and playful. Their pineapple chicken salad concoction is one of our favorites.

Re: Orange Fever at Orient - 05/28/2021 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by barryvabeach
Hope you got to meet Jean Carlos - he waits there , and at La Villa, is always smiling and playful. Their pineapple chicken salad concoction is one of our favorites.

yes. JC is a breath of fresh air. Fun waiter.
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Orange Fever at Orient - 05/28/2021 12:41 AM

We were there yesterday and had the same experience. Wonderful food, good service. One of our favorites on Orient Bay. Sad the sargassum barred us from swimming, but loved the new padded chairs. There were only a half dozen when we were there a few weeks ago.

Re: Orange Fever at Orient - 05/28/2021 12:49 AM

There was a little sargassum along Beach but not must coming in. Not noticeable today. Great day.

Re: Orange Fever at Orient - 05/28/2021 01:11 AM

Happy for you. It was floating in the sea so much I didn't want to go in, although Bill did. Was easy to step over what was on the beach. Had a laugh watching the beach boy raking the beach into the sea. Where did he think it would go? He tried I guess. But he was very attentive to us. One of our three favorites on the beach. It's actually brought us back to Orient, as it's probably almost 2 years since we were on the beach there.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Orange Fever at Orient - 05/29/2021 06:35 AM

OHHH I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed the beach guy raking the seacrap back into the water when we were there on Orient. We stayed at Kontiki, worth the $20.00 for the beach set up and extra beach table. They have there own tractor, there beach front was really clean of all that!! Lunch was amazing too!!

Attached picture SXM, Kontiki 04-2021.jpg

Re: Orange Fever at Orient - 05/29/2021 08:36 AM

Will happily step over some seaweed and save the chair fees!

Re: Orange Fever at Orient - 05/29/2021 12:27 PM

No seaweed to step over when we were there. Going there again today.

Re: Orange Fever at Orient - 05/29/2021 01:01 PM

So you said. Have a great day!

Re: Orange Fever at Orient - 05/29/2021 09:21 PM

Wonderful day at Orange Fever today again. Not a thread of seaweed in front but a lot unraked in front of Kontiki for the full length of their beach.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline