TravelTalkOnline

Watching Barge With Crane

Posted By: RickandJulie

Watching Barge With Crane - 06/08/2021 03:38 PM

I've been watching a barge with a crane on it at the end of the runway (in the bay) this morning. Can't make out if it's working on a shipwreck or something else. Anybody have a better view?
Posted By: EdB

Re: Watching Barge With Crane - 06/08/2021 04:56 PM

there has been a crane and barge in the lagoon area for a couple of months now, cleaning up all the wrecks.
Posted By: RickandJulie

Re: Watching Barge With Crane - 06/08/2021 05:46 PM

Any word on how many they have been able to remove so far?
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Watching Barge With Crane - 06/10/2021 10:14 AM

From the amount of wrecks I saw from our Rhino riders, they we be there for a long time!! From the lagoon in Cole bay to the entrance to the ocean in Marigot we lost count over a 100!!! (Photo I took in 2018)

Attached picture Pink Iguana 2018.jpg
Posted By: WLE

Re: Watching Barge With Crane - 06/10/2021 05:35 PM

Was told back in March that they are cleaning up all the wrecks from the round-about area up to the airport. And there are plans that car rental establishments, along with everything else along the road will be removed in order for an airport runway addition.
Posted By: foreversxm

Re: Watching Barge With Crane - 06/10/2021 10:36 PM

They did have plans for a taxiway next to the runaway about where the airport road is now. those business would be moved with a lot of landfill toward the lagoon. Years and years away if it still on the plan and find the funds,
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Watching Barge With Crane - 06/10/2021 10:48 PM

They need to get the airport up to full capacity before they need another runway. Many years away.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline