TravelTalkOnline

What time do restaurants have to stop serving on French side?

Posted By: Carol_Hill

What time do restaurants have to stop serving on French side? - 06/13/2021 01:05 PM

I just read a couple of really bad reviews for Ocean 82, which is making me nervous about our choice for dinner. Two specifically mentioned they were late and were refused service. One of them said that the kitchen has to close at 6:30. Is that correct?? We have a reservation for 5:30...
Posted By: erb923

Re: What time do restaurants have to stop serving on French side? - 06/13/2021 01:18 PM

Not sure but was on island during covid had a great dinner at Bistrot Caraïbes (seems they open at 6pm according to website). La villa says they open at 5pm, a little early due to curfew.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: What time do restaurants have to stop serving on French side? - 06/13/2021 02:17 PM

I would cancel and reread my thread https://www.traveltalkonline.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/257066/fine-dining-dinner-on-dutchside.html I canceled my trip and will return when things get back to normal.

Re: What time do restaurants have to stop serving on French side? - 06/13/2021 02:53 PM

Wendy--I am very well aware of what dining options there are on the Dutch side.
Posted By: bran

Re: What time do restaurants have to stop serving on French side? - 06/13/2021 03:19 PM

Carol. Sent you a PM.

Re: What time do restaurants have to stop serving on French side? - 06/13/2021 03:36 PM

bran--I replied.
Posted By: bran

Re: What time do restaurants have to stop serving on French side? - 06/13/2021 04:49 PM

back at ya..
Posted By: freedomfighter

Re: What time do restaurants have to stop serving on French side? - 06/13/2021 06:37 PM

We dined at Ocean82 the last week of May. It was probably the nicest dinner of our trip. Four of us enjoyed excellent food and service!

Re: What time do restaurants have to stop serving on French side? - 06/14/2021 12:30 AM

Based on our experience from tonight, the curfew seems to be a suggestion, not enforced. We had a really nice meal at Ocean 82. When we left the restaurant at 7:30, it was at least half full still, along with it seemed about all the rest of restaurants in Grand Case. And in Marigot, at 7:45, there were people all over the street still...
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: What time do restaurants have to stop serving on French side? - 06/14/2021 01:54 AM

And there lays the problem. No conpliance and no enforcement. It's not going to get better without enforcement.

Re: What time do restaurants have to stop serving on French side? - 06/14/2021 11:27 AM

They were still seating people in the restaurant at 6:30, but I didn't see them seat anyone after that. The staff were scrambling, trying to get everyone served.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline