TravelTalkOnline

Celebrity says no changes to sailings from SXM

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Celebrity says no changes to sailings from SXM - 06/14/2021 02:12 PM

Link

Curious, though, Celebrity flew them home privately? With a positive Covid test???
Posted By: irina

Re: Celebrity says no changes to sailings from SXM - 06/14/2021 03:40 PM

So SXM is testing there before they board ship? Or just the proof of vaccination and negative test. Which means the cruisers need that before they get on ship in Florida?
LOL Which is against what our sainted Governor is saying. LOL I love it!
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Celebrity says no changes to sailings from SXM - 06/14/2021 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by irina
So SXM is testing there before they board ship? Or just the proof of vaccination and negative test. Which means the cruisers need that before they get on ship in Florida?
LOL Which is against what our sainted Governor is saying. LOL I love it!

This ship is porting out of SXM, not FL.
Posted By: ronandcarla

Re: Celebrity says no changes to sailings from SXM - 06/14/2021 04:47 PM

Of which he should have stayed out of the business of vaccination requirements to start with; Cruise lines are trying their hardest to get back in business, not to mention all of the employees, etc., that are associated with it.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Celebrity says no changes to sailings from SXM - 06/14/2021 04:58 PM

Has nothing to do with this ship home porting in SXM. If they want to sail out of MIA or any other US port they need to follow the states requirements.
Posted By: lhbsurf

Re: Celebrity says no changes to sailings from SXM - 06/16/2021 02:08 PM

I agree that SXM is completely different and I think they were pretty smart to begin cruising from a non-US port, but I am interested in how all this unfolds in Florida. Celebrity still says they are sailing from Florida with 95%+ vaccinated passengers. If you refuse or are unable to show vaccinated status, you are subject to " ...additional costs, restrictions, and protocols to be advised...." They claim a very large percentage of their clientele are in favor of requiring vaccinations, so they are betting on that I suppose. Royal Caribbean has taken the different route of tests cruises. We have cruised many times with both lines and others, but are waiting to see how things turn out before jumping back on.

The way I read the Celebrity requirements, they are in conflict with the state law which takes effect July 1. Last I heard, according to the Cruise News type people, DeSantis didn't really consider the impact on the Cruise Industry when pushing the mandate and is working with them to figure out a work around. What a mess.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Celebrity says no changes to sailings from SXM - 06/16/2021 02:21 PM

Royal Caribbean delays start. 8 crew test positive.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-inaugural-sailing/ar-AAL6PGD?li=BBnbcA1
Posted By: Eric_Hill

Re: Celebrity says no changes to sailings from SXM - 06/16/2021 02:22 PM

Yes it is a mess.... Nobody wants to know my opinion on this, we cancelled current events for a reason! hammer hairy

Have read some of the "work arounds" or ideas. Will see what happens, but the cruise line industry in Florida is HUGE and then some.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline