TravelTalkOnline

Trip report Day 1

Posted By: eilandmens

Trip report Day 1 - 06/16/2021 09:14 PM

The trip down yesterday was not pleasant! Most of it was nobody’s fault but some of it I do not understand. First, the plane was on Tarmac for an hour because, according to pilot announcement, was due to flight plan changes due to tropical depression 2 near Bermuda. So we take off and go down the eastern coast over land from Newark. The change in flight plan turns out to add 30 minutes to flight. So now we are arriving 90 minutes late. We arrive just in time to have to be behInd 2 AA flights, one of which is huge. The biggest AA plane I seen at SXM. Knowing it will be crowded, I thought- thank God they St. Maarten spent the money to develop a QR code for their approval doc. Went in arrival to be greeted by a very long, long line. But fool that I am, the scanning will move through this in a snap. But to my chagrin, they had people reviewing the documents and stamping them twice. We were there for an hour and a half. It would of longer, but they pulling old people out of line to go to immigration. I guess they thought we die before getting in the country. I understand the lines because of the large plane, but I do not understand the stamping and the foregoing of the QR code they paid possibly very good money to be programmed to their site. Just venting, I feel better now!

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Trip report Day 1 - 06/16/2021 09:16 PM

Sorry to hear that. Hope today has been a better day..
Posted By: eilandmens

Re: Trip report Day 1 - 06/16/2021 09:19 PM

Oops
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Trip report Day 1 - 06/17/2021 09:36 AM

First off, it's OK to vent! Thank God you made it through the lines!! We were just so happy they we made it through all the testing, stamping that we exhaled so hard. we walked out without our luggage!! ROTFLMAO!!! It will take a day or two to realize that you are really at your home away from home!! As I say, "Let sand gravity" set in!
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Trip report Day 1 - 06/17/2021 01:52 PM

It will get better day by day.... enjoy!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline