TravelTalkOnline

Flamingo Beach Resort

Posted By: Ron Mac

Flamingo Beach Resort - 06/18/2021 10:38 PM

Just wondering is the Flamingo getting alot of visitors lately?
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Flamingo Beach Resort - 06/18/2021 10:53 PM

Just got back after staying there 4 weeks. Was about 40% capacity.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Flamingo Beach Resort - 06/19/2021 11:31 AM

Scubaman--I don't understand why there was so little occupancy, after the resort being closed so long. I guess I don't understand how timeshare works, but can people who have not been able to use their weeks the past few years, could they come in now for extra weeks, if there is room?

Re: Flamingo Beach Resort - 06/19/2021 02:30 PM

Yes through Destination Xchange. As long as their MFs were paid their fixed weeks were automatically deposited in that program to use at a later date. I still have 12 weeks deposited to use there or any other Diamond property with open weeks. Some probably elected not to travel because of covid restrictions and the process getting approved.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Flamingo Beach Resort - 06/19/2021 02:47 PM

OK, I get that a lot of people don't want to travel, but with having paid for 4 years and getting nothing for it, I personally would try to do it. Probably do 2 weeks, to lessen the pain of all the testing crap.

Re: Flamingo Beach Resort - 06/19/2021 03:07 PM

And the property and rooms really looked fantastic. Was a long wait but well worth it.
Posted By: eilandmens

Re: Flamingo Beach Resort - 06/19/2021 10:09 PM

Here at Royal Palm close to 100% occupancy. All of those planes -Short term renters mostly -even met some islanders staying for a vacation. I expect Flamingo the same ; Dutch side crowded French side deserted given the curfew. Went to Sipga on Thursday the owner said she is down 80% in covers due to curfew.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline