TravelTalkOnline

Carefour Cupe Coy

Posted By: swimmers

Carefour Cupe Coy - 06/20/2021 08:09 PM

We're arriving on 6/26 and will be stopping for supplies at the Carefour market in Cupe Coy. Can anyone tell us if they provide bags, or do we need to bring them with us? Thanks.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Carefour Cupe Coy - 06/20/2021 08:50 PM

No, Carrefour does not provide bags free anymore. Not sure if there is anywhere on island that does. They sell Carrefour large bags for $1 each. We ended up buying one, since our Super U bags are getting kind of ratty.
Posted By: phillygirl7

Re: Carefour Cupe Coy - 06/21/2021 12:15 PM

Sometimes they will give you a box to pack your groceries in.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Carefour Cupe Coy - 06/21/2021 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by phillygirl7
Sometimes they will give you a box to pack your groceries in.

Correct but boxes sometimes contain cockroaches so one needs to check them carefully when unpacking.

Re: Carefour Cupe Coy - 06/21/2021 12:54 PM

Whenever we get boxes somewhere, we use them to bring the groceries in and then IMMEDIATELY get rid of them..

Re: Carefour Cupe Coy - 06/21/2021 12:57 PM

BTW, the past couple of trips, we found some kinda neat plastic champagne glasses at Super U, something like $2 for 6. This time we looked for them and the guy in the store said they didn't sell them anymore due to the environment. That's not what he said, but it's what he meant.
Posted By: pat

Re: Carefour Cupe Coy - 06/21/2021 01:02 PM

swimmers,

We shop there a lot when on island and like most of the island stores, they no longer provide grocery bags. We put a grocery bag flat in the outside compartment of each of our carry-ons. They take up virtually no room at all and serve all kinds of useful purposes on island.
Posted By: jeepers

Re: Carefour Cupe Coy - 06/21/2021 03:23 PM

We buy 2 on arrival at super U & leave them for the housekeeping lady on departure. Sometimes an insulated one as well for sorbet or gelato.
Posted By: swimmers

Re: Carefour Cupe Coy - 06/21/2021 07:31 PM

Thank you for your replies. That's what we remembered, but just wanted to check to be sure

Re: Carefour Cupe Coy - 06/22/2021 01:36 PM

Jeepers--I like to use the island bags at home, because it makes me somewhat think I am still on island.. I am amazed how long our Super U bags have lasted..
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline