TravelTalkOnline

Vaccine Entry Benefit

Posted By: PMagistro

Vaccine Entry Benefit - 06/29/2021 01:52 PM

My wife & I are going to SXM.

As I understand it, COVID tests are required for entry regardless of whether one is vaccinated or not. The permit even asks for a copy of the Vaccination record.

My question is whether there is any benefit whatsoever if you are vaccinated as far as ease of entry to SXM. If not, I really don't understand the point of uploading the vaccination report if the requirements are the same regardless of one's vaccination status.
Posted By: RM5 LI

Re: Vaccine Entry Benefit - 06/29/2021 02:14 PM

I would like to think that it helped get my EHAS approval quicker when I uploaded the vax card. But who knows!!!! LOL!!!
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Vaccine Entry Benefit - 06/29/2021 02:15 PM

The island government has announced that at some point IN THE FUTURE the test will not be required for the fully vaccinated. Until that is implemented, you must have a test. Whether or not you see the point isn't pertinent. smile It's the rule, so just follow the rules.
Posted By: irina

Re: Vaccine Entry Benefit - 06/29/2021 02:17 PM

Is it really that onerous to upload and print a copy of the vaccination report? Assuming you have one or what are you saying?
I for one have a picture of my CDC card in my phone. No hassle whatsoever.
I'm all for public health and safety.
?irina
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Vaccine Entry Benefit - 06/29/2021 02:20 PM

As of now, apparently it makes no difference to your acceptance if you are vaccinated or not. However, if you are vaccinated and you say you are not, then technically you would be lying on the application, which there seems to be no reason to do that. Uploading the covid vaccination card is just as easy as uploading your covid test, so no reason not to upload it. My wild a$$ guess is that they want it for record keeping purposes and to see what percentage of current visitors are vaccinated. PERHAPS, just perhaps, if they see that the vast majority of people are vaccinated, it will cause them to go to requiring ONLY proof of vaccination sooner?? One can hope.
Posted By: PMagistro

Re: Vaccine Entry Benefit - 06/29/2021 02:31 PM

I wasn't suggesting I'd lie on the application nor do I believe that uploading a copy of the Vaccine Record is an unreasonable burden.

I was simply questioning whether there was any benefit whatsoever to a person who was vaccinated versus one that wasn't as it relates to entry to SXM.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Vaccine Entry Benefit - 06/29/2021 02:38 PM

Sorry I misunderstood your question. And I would still say that the answer apparently is no.
Posted By: Southbound

Re: Vaccine Entry Benefit - 06/29/2021 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Carol_Hill
As of now, apparently it makes no difference to your acceptance if you are vaccinated or not. However, if you are vaccinated and you say you are not, then technically you would be lying on the application, which there seems to be no reason to do that. Uploading the covid vaccination card is just as easy as uploading your covid test, so no reason not to upload it. My wild a$$ guess is that they want it for record keeping purposes and to see what percentage of current visitors are vaccinated. PERHAPS, just perhaps, if they see that the vast majority of people are vaccinated, it will cause them to go to requiring ONLY proof of vaccination sooner?? One can hope.

Although I understand the OP's question, I think your guess makes a lot of sense. The greater the percentage of people entering SXM that are vaccinated, I would hope the sooner they will drop the testing requirement.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline