TravelTalkOnline

Suggestions please

Posted By: gracie105

Suggestions please - 07/03/2021 02:57 PM

Hi All,

My husband and I will be on the island in 5 days. I would love some suggestions for excursions ( I get very bad motion sickness) every year we say we are going to do something, but I always chicken out. I would appreciate if anyone can recommend something where I wouldn't get sick. Dramamine doesn't work for me. Thanks in advance.
Posted By: pat

Re: Suggestions please - 07/03/2021 03:19 PM

Oh, Gracie, mal de mer is really sad for anyone who experiences it. If you’re okay with heights you might try the sky lift up to the top of Emilio Wilson Park.

Re the seasickness, good luck. You might get very lucky and find a smooth day but at any time though even more-so at this time of year, the seas will most likely NOT be your friend.

You might consider a day-trip via plane to Saba if they are allowing visitors. The flight is easy and fast and Saba is so worth the effort to see. And the arrival and landing is incredible. It took us twenty years before we went the first time but we liked it so much we subsequently did a stay over and were very happy we did. You don’t have to dive or hike - there are other things to do just in the line of taking one of the bus tours. We ate lunch that first trip at the Queens Garden Inn in their courtyard and that was all it took to convince us we needed to do a stay over.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Suggestions please - 07/03/2021 05:26 PM

Visit the parrot sanctuary.

Parotte Ville

There are also great reviews on Trip Advisor, but I couldn't get that page to load just now.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Suggestions please - 07/03/2021 05:51 PM

In addition to the other suggestions (and I would DEFINITELY echo the recommendation for Parrottville!!), I haven't done it myself, but I have heard of a museum or art tour on island. I'm not sure whether either is currently available, but you might check it out. I personally would NOT be interested in the Sky Lift at Emilio Wilson Park or the zip line at Loterie Farm, because I am scared of heights, but those are both good options if you are not afraid of heights.
Posted By: SandS

Re: Suggestions please - 07/03/2021 06:43 PM

Topper’s Rhume Tour. Interesting & you get to sample many different flavors. Is the make your own perfume place still in operation? Tijohn?
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Suggestions please - 07/03/2021 08:45 PM

Re the island mural tour: I wanted to do it as I've heard great things about it, but it was happening on a day I was changing hotels. I get the impression it happens infrequently. Following is a link.

LINK Mural Tour
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Suggestions please - 07/03/2021 09:50 PM

That does look interesting, for sure..
Posted By: Southshore

Re: Suggestions please - 07/04/2021 03:54 PM

If you are up for the flying, a trip to St. Eustatius (Statia) is also interesting. If you are a history buff, Statia has some interesting connections to the American Revolutionary War. Also interesting features related to the oil industry. Also black sand beaches and a whole lot of cows!

Re: Suggestions please - 07/04/2021 08:26 PM

Where is Parottville,that sounds nice
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Suggestions please - 07/04/2021 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by gracie105
Where is Parottville,that sounds nice

https://www.facebook.com/parotteville/
Posted By: biglar

Re: Suggestions please - 07/05/2021 12:30 AM

If you don't want to travel far why not just spend a day at Pinel Island. You do have to take a ferry ride to the island, but you never lose sight of land and the trip is a very slow ride out and back.
Posted By: irina

Re: Suggestions please - 07/05/2021 04:23 PM

Fly over to Anguilla! Great day. Money is no object! Or St. Barth's! No driving around St. Barths. Very dizzying! LOL
Can you go sailing? Most Cats are pretty stable. That's a great way to island hop.
Cheers
irina
Posted By: pony600

Re: Suggestions please - 07/05/2021 04:59 PM

I don't think Anguilla is accepting tourists yet. I don't know about St. Barths.
Posted By: pony600

Re: Suggestions please - 07/05/2021 05:02 PM

You could visit Amuseum Naturalis. It is in the building and grounds that used to be The Old House.
Posted By: lcote

Re: Suggestions please - 07/06/2021 05:39 PM

Another vote for Parotteville. I could spend all day there just looking at the birds.

Re: Suggestions please - 07/06/2021 08:10 PM

Irina....were you joking?
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline