TravelTalkOnline

Anyone on island now?

Posted By: Carol_Hill

Anyone on island now? - 07/14/2021 06:43 PM

Surely there must be some folks on island now?? We just left SXM a couple of weeks ago, but I am jonesing for some stories and pictures from the island! Anyone with a trip report???
Posted By: Need island time

Re: Anyone on island now? - 07/14/2021 11:41 PM

We have been here 2 of our 4 weeks & we are dreading leaving already. This is our first time in July & the flamboyant trees are so amazing! Everything is beautiful. We are pretty boring. Spend everyday at Orient. Eat in or go to Mark’s, Yvette’s , or lunch with Leandra. Other than that we cook in & sit on our balcony at Les Balcons. Never gets old for us! Carol, have you tried Leandra’s fries? We really like them! But tonight we bought a couple of steaks at Super U. I fried onions & potatoes. We thought we died & went to heaven. The potatoes were different than home. Anyway seaweed is still coming in but most days they clean it up on Orient. The wind has finally stopped being above 20mph. Today was gorgeous!
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: Anyone on island now? - 07/15/2021 12:28 AM

While I hope to be on-island in a day or two, weather and sailing permitting, I have to second the comment about the Flamboyant trees - I have never seen them being "flamboyant" before and they are by far the prettiest vegetation around. I did some hiking through the BVI national park and thought that I could finally see some color in the forest/jungle as I'd previously only walked around in the winter season, but everything remains a stolid green with the exception of the flamboyant trees.

Re: Anyone on island now? - 07/15/2021 12:42 AM

Thanks for the highlights! Have not been to Chez Leandra since Irma. Enjoy the rest of your stay!

Re: Anyone on island now? - 07/15/2021 12:43 AM

Zanshin--Hopefully you arrive in SXM soon and hoping you can post some pictures of those flamboyant trees!
Posted By: CaribLee

Re: Anyone on island now? - 07/15/2021 01:14 AM

How about this one?

Attached picture IMG_0376.JPG
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Anyone on island now? - 07/15/2021 06:57 AM

Sounds like a great routine to me! Steaks with sides!! OH YEAH!! If you any photo's to share, that would be appreciated. Enjoy your vacation! Boring or not!!! LOL!!!
Posted By: pat

Re: Anyone on island now? - 07/15/2021 12:44 PM

So very beautiful.
TY for posting this and as others have already said, I don’t think I’ve ever seen them looking more beautiful than in the photos posted in the past few weeks on this and other sites.

Re: Anyone on island now? - 07/15/2021 12:58 PM

CaribLee--thanks! That is beautiful!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline