TravelTalkOnline

FDA pulling emergency use of PCR test

Posted By: sxmmartini

FDA pulling emergency use of PCR test - 07/26/2021 04:45 PM

I am not sure how this will effect the requirements for those tourists traveling to St. Maarten/ St. Martin for 2022?
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: FDA pulling emergency use of PCR test - 07/26/2021 04:48 PM

What are you saying? Link??
Posted By: boucharda

Re: FDA pulling emergency use of PCR test - 07/26/2021 04:52 PM

https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/...ges_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html[url=https://www.cdc.gov/csels/dls/locs/2021/07-21-2021-lab-alert-Changes_CDC_RT-PCR_SARS-CoV-2_Testing_1.html

(trouble using the "link" tool)

Re: FDA pulling emergency use of PCR test - 07/26/2021 05:02 PM

boucharda--your link doesn't look pretty, but it works! grin

Of course, I don't know any more than before I read the link. duh What does this mean?
Posted By: 2fingers

Re: FDA pulling emergency use of PCR test - 07/26/2021 05:11 PM

Isn't it kinda unusual that NOBODY had the flu last year?
Seems there might be a reason.
But fear not. Gates and Soros to the rescue!

https://nationalfile.com/cdc-declar...ll-gates-buy-covid-19-test-manufacturer/
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: FDA pulling emergency use of PCR test - 07/26/2021 05:16 PM

When Washington St posts it daily ongoing totals for Covid they say " confirmed and probable cases". Flu was probably in the counts.

Re: FDA pulling emergency use of PCR test - 07/26/2021 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by 2fingers

Well... masks and distancing would be a decent reason
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: FDA pulling emergency use of PCR test - 07/26/2021 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by 2fingers
But fear not. Gates and Soros to the rescue!

https://nationalfile.com/cdc-declar...ll-gates-buy-covid-19-test-manufacturer/

Yep, virtually no season flu.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: FDA pulling emergency use of PCR test - 07/27/2021 06:11 PM

CDC will be recommending masks indoors again... Vaxxed or not! This nightmare never ends.
Posted By: Angelface

Re: FDA pulling emergency use of PCR test - 07/27/2021 06:57 PM

By the way, the FDA is pulling emergency use of "a" PCR test...not all PCR tests as the headline of this post implies. Testing has improved, they're encouraging/requiring the better tests, yes, including a combined test for Covid and Flu. Science!

And the mask mandate indoors isn't surprising. Not enough vaccinated people leads to this happening. Stay safe everyone.

Re: FDA pulling emergency use of PCR test - 07/27/2021 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by Angelface
By the way, the FDA is pulling emergency use of "a" PCR test...not all PCR tests as the headline of this post implies.

I think I need an explanation of that statement....as far as I know ALL PCR tests are emergency approved so ALL will be toast
Posted By: eightzerobits

Re: FDA pulling emergency use of PCR test - 07/27/2021 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by boucharda
Originally Posted by Angelface
By the way, the FDA is pulling emergency use of "a" PCR test...not all PCR tests as the headline of this post implies.

I think I need an explanation of that statement....as far as I know ALL PCR tests are emergency approved so ALL will be toast

They’re pulling their request for a specific test panel from the CDC that’s been in use since Feb 2020. The CDC doesn’t request EUA for every PCR test as that is the responsibility of the test manufacturers. So no this doesn’t mean all PCR tests are toast.

Re: FDA pulling emergency use of PCR test - 07/27/2021 09:43 PM

“This planned withdrawal could mark a bellwether of EUA approved COVID-19 tests coming to an end. This would have a huge impact on the entire COVID-19 testing industry in the U.S., which is currently comprised almost entirely of COVID-19 tests with only FDA EUA approval.

https://www.itnonline.com/content/w...ave-huge-impact-us-testing-industry-says

Soooo...which tests that you mentioned are fully approved?

edit...meant to be a reply to eightzerobits
Posted By: eightzerobits

Re: FDA pulling emergency use of PCR test - 07/27/2021 10:17 PM

Again, the CDC is letting the EUA for its test expire. Each manufacturer has to get their own EUA from the FDA. Even manufacturers that based their test on the approved CDC test need to get their own EUA from the FDA. This is a non-story (and your also quoting a press release which is always a balanced source of news).

Re: FDA pulling emergency use of PCR test - 07/28/2021 10:04 AM

I posted a press release in addition to a release from the CDC as part of a balanced response

Re: FDA pulling emergency use of PCR test - 07/28/2021 01:00 PM

NOT intended as a specific response to boucharda--I should have pulled that Gates/Soros conspiracy BS to begin with.

Regardless, this is a general topic which has gone totally sideways and will end here. The testing protocols will get sorted out in due time.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline